Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Psalm 46:10a - "Glow In The Dark"

I woke up this morning singing these words...

Doesn’t matter how deep, how dark the night is
Keep hoping, keep on shining
And they’ll see His light burning in your heart
And if the road gets rough, just keep your head up
Let the world see what you’re made of
That His love’s alive in your deepest parts
Like a flame, like a burning star you can shine right where you are
He made you to glow in the dark.


There are so many people going through some tough situations that need to remember these words. I am reminded of words of Lysa TerKerst about what one needs to remember in the storms of life...

1. God loves us and He will not leave us.
2. This battle isn’t ours. The battle belongs to the Lord. Let Him fight for you. Save your emotional energy and use it to dig into His Word like never before. Our job is to be obedient to God. God’s job is winning this battle.
3. The battle might not be easy or short-lived, but victory will be there for those who trust God.
4. God is good even when the circumstances are darker than you ever imagined. God is good even when people are not. God is good even when things seem stinking hopeless. God is good and can be trusted when you feel suspicious of everyone and everything around you.
5. Lastly, God is good at being God. Don’t try to fix what He hasn’t assigned you to fix. Don’t try to manipulate or control or spend all your emotions trying to figure it out. Let Him be God. Free yourself from this impossible assignment.
I am praying these reminders over many today...
  • my sister who is having knee surgery today
  • my brother who is getting ready to start chemo treatments
  • my uncle who started radiation treatments
  • my friend who has been attacked by shingles
  • my friends who finally sold their deceased parents home yesterday
  • my friend who sixteen days ago had her father leave this earth and now yesterday her mother left
  • my friend struggling with high diabetes numbers
  • my friend who was put in the nursing home yesterday for rehab
  • my son and his family as they prepare for him to be gone a few days for business travel
  • my son and his family as they adjust to being in a new home
  • my son and his wife as he travels for his career
  • the wife watching her new husband wither away with cancer
  • the lady recently diagnosed with cancer and it appears to be in her last days
  • the lady going through testing for mouth cancer
Circumstances of life can be hard to deal with in our humanness but we must remember there is nothing God can't handle. Nothing surprises Him. He is aware of all even before it happens. Yes, it is ok to have a meltdown in stressful times as long as we don't stay there. The better place to stay is in His Word. I am reminded of the words of my dear friend Rob McCorkle about how we need to 'take up residence' in His Word. There is no better place to be, especially in the time of a storm in life, than there. No matter what, we must remember that we can never quit living with the Lord. The desire of His heart is for us to "Glow In The Dark" and we must keep our focus on that idea! We also must remember these words of God...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of this Scripture, the words of Lysa TerKeurst and the lyrics to this song. You are so good! You are so awesome! You are so wonderful! Lord, today as I go about my day would You fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me? Would You be my words? Would You direct my steps? Would You give me eyes to see and ears to hear for You today? Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness. Amen.

No comments: