Monday, April 11, 2016

Ephesians 3:14-21 - "Move (Keep Walkin')"

The Lord woke me up this morning singing a song Toby Mac sings called "Move" and took me to thoughts of yesterday. It was full of prayer from start to finish. Yesterday morning in Corporate Prayer Time the Lord put on my heart to prayer for 'protection' over my husband. I didn't know exactly who or what he needed protected from other than the Lord told me to "pray against words that will hurt his heart" and so I prayed. I became very emotional as I walked into the sanctuary and the Lord prompted me to anoint the podium he would be preaching from. As I did He kept bringing it to my mind to pray for his protection. My heart hurt just thinking about someone hurting him. Then in the Worship Service he preached upon intercessory prayer. He reminded us the need for intercessory prayer and the result if no one participates. My heart was saddened in thinking of all the people who need someone to pray for their souls yet there are so few praying. Yesterday was our monthly House of Prayer and for April we are praying for the 'prodigals'...the ones who have walked away from the Lord. In the evening Corporate Prayer Time as I was praying for the prodigals the Lord directed me to Ephesians 3. The prayer Paul prayed for the Church of Ephesus in the last part of this chapter was one I prayed for those who have walked away from Him. I prayed for them to be empowered to knock the enemy down out of their lives and to come back into relationship with the Lord. I prayed for the prodigals to feel His love and acceptance.


What a blessing to receive a message on the way home from a family of a prodigal that had a glimmer of hope in the situation they are dealing with. Prayers are being answered. If more people would become intercessors then more changes would occur. It saddens me to think of how the Lord has directed Doc to preach for these last few months yet there appears to be little change in people. But I cannot allow others actions to pull me down. The enemy would love to stop me from praying but I refuse. I have seen miracles and healing in bodies in the past but I have faith that I will see more. Last night the Lord woke me at midnight to pray for one who I graduated high school. I do not have contact with her other than an occasional post on social media. I am not sure what is going on in her life but He told me to pray for her to "trust and have peace" so I did. She is a cancer survivor and I hope she will not have to battle that again. But whatever she is going through I felt privileged that He woke me up to pray. Sometimes we know what we are praying for and sometimes we do not know specifics. It does not matter. He knows. We do not have to know. Yesterday there were two different pastors wives who asked for prayer on social media and I immediately prayed for them. I didn't know the need but I knew the Lord did. Once again it doesn't need to be that we know. 

This song this morning encourages me to keep on praying no matter what happens, no matter if the situation is known or not, no matter if others pray or not, no matter what...I must keep on praying!

Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
Move, keep walkin' until the mornin' comes
Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
And lift your head, it ain't over yet, ain't over yet

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and words of encouragement from You this morning! Lord, I pray for the prodigals to come back into relationship with You. I pray for more intercessors to be raised up. Oh Lord, how I pray for people to realize the need to pray for others. Open hearts to have a burden for others. Open eyes and ears to what You desire for people. Fill me to overflowing with more of You, Father, so I will fulfill the desires of Your heart. May Your words be my words and Your actions be my actions. Most of all I pray Your attitude will be my attitude. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Encourager! Amen.

No comments: