Monday, April 25, 2016

Acts 15:8-9 - "Diamonds"


"...he purified their hearts by faith." When I was asked what this meant, I think I fell short on my explanation. This morning when the Lord woke me up to the song "Diamonds" I was reminded of these verses.

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making diamonds out of dust
He is refining in his timing
He's making diamonds out of us


The word purified means 'to make pure; free from anything that contaminates, guilt or evil.' The word refined means to be 'freed from impurities.' When a diamond is taken from it's original state and made beautiful, it is refined. When a person is taken from their original state of sin and made beautiful, they are purified. A diamond sparkles when refined...a person sparkles when purified. Light shines off of a diamond when it is refined just as the Lord's light shines off of a person when they are purified. When one believes and has faith in God, they come into relationship with Him. As we repent to Him our sins are washed away. I love the concept of justification. My husband uses the phrase with it as 'just as if it never happened'! Jesus cleanses us when we ask for forgiveness. He washes us white as snow. It takes faith in God to be saved. It also takes faith in God to be sanctified. When we totally surrender to Him, we are purified...we are set apart...we are sanctified. Yesterday Doc made the statement that 'faith is a lifestyle' and to that I said 'Amen!' If I didn't live by faith, I would worry and fret over every little decision to be made. Without faith I would question everything that happens in life. But with faith I am confident that the Lord is in control. He is My Guide, My Counselor, My Comforter...My Everything! Him being My Purifier is so cool to think about! He makes me pure! When He refines me, He takes away anything impure in me. We must repent before Him each and every day for anything impure in our lives...whether it is something we knowingly or don't know we did. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the One who cleanses me, purifies me and refines me! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Wow Lord! Yesterday was such an awesome day with my church family! Thank You for speaking to me specifically about one who needed salvation in the service! Thank You for the testimonies that were given of victories! Thank You for the encouragement You gave me in Corporate Prayer Time! Thank You for the way You spoke to my friend in Corporate Prayer Time! You are so awesome! Lord, today is a new day and I praise You for it! Even though my physical body is not up to par today I am ready to do whatever You so desire of me...fill me to overflowing with You so I can see things to happen 'on earth as it is in heaven'! I love how You brought back to my mind the phrase from Miracle Sunday...'may it be so'!!! Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Purifier! Amen.

No comments: