Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Nehemiah 8:10b - "Good, Good Father"


April 20....so many memories attached to this day. Twenty-two years ago today was the day my neurologist confirmed his suspicions that I had MS. Three years ago today was when my Daddy left this earth to be with Jesus. Both of these events are ones that forever changed my life. But they are both events that I am grateful the Lord strengthened me in my spiritual being through. Would I have chosen MS? Would I have chosen for my Daddy to die? In the selfish me, no. But in the me who is blessed with the Lord's strength, both are 'ok' because I have Him to depend upon. The MS has taught me how to persevere, lean on the Lord, be more grateful...the list goes on and on. The death of my Daddy has taught me how to hang onto memories, to not be sad but to be joyful in all circumstances...once again the list goes on and on. I am so grateful for the love my earthly Daddy lavished on me but I am even more grateful for the love my heavenly Daddy blesses me with every day. I am thankful for the guidance both of my Daddy's gave/give me. I am thankful for the example of my earthly Daddy that came from my heavenly Daddy. Yes, today is one that has many emotions attached to it. The desire of my heart is to go for a long walk because my heavenly Daddy has blessed me with healing and because my earthly Daddy would be pleased that I have not allowed the MS to stop me. Oh how I miss the encouragement from my earthly Daddy but I am grateful to have the memories of his words etched into my heart. When he would call and I would say I was laying down, he would always tell me that it was ok to rest but only for a while because I had to keep moving. Those are the best words of advice for anyone with MS. 


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace...thank You for being who You are in my life...thank You for giving me such a wonderful earthly Daddy! Lord, I am choosing joy! I choose life over death in my words and actions! I choose to be You in a way that some people will not understand. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You in and through me. I pray people will surround my siblings, children and other family members with Your presence in a great way today as they think about this day. Lord, may the memories made with my Daddy be stronger than the ache in their heart. May they choose joy today instead of mourning. Thank You Jesus for being My Heavenly Daddy. Amen.

No comments: