Friday, April 29, 2016

Psalm 46:10a - "Be Still"

I am so grateful for the ten hours of sleep the Lord provided last night after the day full of ministry I experienced yesterday. As I was on the way home from the second ER visit last night the Lord spoke so clearly to me to call and pray with a friend. I was so physically, mentally and emotionally drained from the activities of the day. I didn't think I had the strength to do it. But I was obedient and was so blessed through it. This friend is going through some very tough days with a family situation and yesterday her husband was experiencing issues with his heart and needed to see the doctor. As I prayed, I was renewed in my spirit as the Holy Spirit took over my words. She was blessed to the point of tears that the Lord had prompted me to call and pray with her. As I think back on that moment I know the reason why I could hear Him is because I live in His presence. The reason why I was obedient was because the desire of my heart is to be totally surrendered to Him. The reason I was able to minister as I did yesterday was because He directed my path and my words yesterday to include all that I did. The reason I was able to hear comes from these simple words...

I found out yesterday that even when I was moving physically the Lord enables me to "be still" in my spirit in order to hear His voice. That is exciting to think about! No matter what we are going through, as long as we are still before Him He will enable us to hear from Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all that You did through me yesterday. Thank You for loving me enough to give me the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual strength to fulfill Your will yesterday. Lord, today is a new day. I am physically tired from the activities of yesterday but I know You are my strength. Enable me to hear from You today on the direction You want my path to be and the words You desire to flow from me. Father, love on others through me...encourage others through me...may people see and hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness. Amen.

No comments: