Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Acts 15:10-11 - "At The Cross"


As I read Acts 15 this morning I thought about these words of Peter and how they can apply to today. In this instance there was an upheaval over what the 'pagans' were doing. Peter reminded the apostles and leaders that God wanted the pagans to be saved just as He wanted for all. He told them God prepared their hearts too. As I was reading that I started thinking about what is happening in my little world with the controversy over the public restrooms. I believe it is good when people voice their opinion because it gets people to think. But words need to be given in Jesus' love not in one's humanness. Just as the apostles and leaders were arguing over the pagans I find it sad that believers are arguing over this issue. If those who don't follow God hear/see those who do follow God being nasty to one another over an issue, why would they ever follow Him? We have to be careful in everything we say or do. People are watching for our actions and reactions. In my opinion people need to voice the way they feel on issues, especially if there is sin involved. But once again it must be done in love...Jesus' love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me! Thank You for loving everyone! Thank You for giving discernment to those who seek it! Lord, I am not sure what my day holds but I do know it holds You and for that I am blessed. Would You fill me to overflowing so others will see/hear through me? Would You give me discernment in the words I speak? Would You love on people through me? Thank You Jesus for being My Loving Father. Amen.

No comments: