Saturday, April 23, 2016

John 7:38; Nehemiah 9 - "The Well"


"Leave it all behind....and come to the well..." Yes! My life has truly been changed since surrendering to the Lord. I love these words in this song...

And now that you're full, 
Of love beyond measure, 
Your joy's gonna flow, 
Like a stream in the desert, 
Soon all the world will see that living water is found in me, 
Cuz you came to the well

This is where I live....where His joy is my joy. Each and every day I pray for people to see Him flow from me. He blesses me every day in so many ways. Yesterday was an example of a huge blessing. I received a message from a friend yesterday morning asking if I knew of a local therapist. She has suffered with depression for many months and realizes she needs to professional help. I prayed and then gathered some information for her. When I messaged her back, the response I received was that one of the places I gave her was where she was scheduled for an appointment in June. (That was the soonest they had available.) Her response back to me was they had called her because they had an opening and she went at 10:30 yesterday! At 8:30 when she sent me the message I prayed for open doors for her...WOW God sure opened that door quickly! Then I received a message from a friend whose sister went in for surgery for the removal of a polyp in her stomach only that had been found previously on tests. It was not there...WOW God! My sister had five biopsies on her thyroid this week and received the news yesterday they were benign...WOW God! I pray she will see how the Lord had a hand in her life and she will desire to come into relationship with Him. 

The step I took to go deeper since last year at this time changed my life in abundance. Yes, I was saved and sanctified before but I've gone even deeper in my sanctified life. Everything was His before but now not only is everything His but I am hearing from Him daily. I love to be where I am in my relationship with Him but I will not stop here. I want to go deeper. I think about a swimming pool where you start going in ankle deep, then knee deep, then waist deep, then up to your head, then over your head to where you cannot touch bottom but you can still see bottom, then as in a lake or the ocean when you go out so deep you can no longer see the bottom...in the beginning there is fear involved in each of these stages but once you take the plunge fear is gone so you can enjoy where you are. Woo hoo!

I love the word picture Nehemiah gives in chapter 9 of the Israelites who were in the desert for forty days. God took care of them even in their wandering. He provided for them even though they were not following Him. I am praying for those who are not following Him today to get to the end of themselves and allow Him to be their Savior. I am also praying for those who accept Him as their Savior to get to the end of themselves again and surrender fully to Him. When that happens, life will change and they will reap the rewards of a sanctified life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning and the reminder that I will continue to seek to go deeper in my relationship with You. Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for speaking to me and directing my words and actions. Father, fill me to over flowing so I can experience more of You and others will see You through me. Be my words and actions in a mighty way today. Be my boldness. Thank You Jesus for being My Living Water. Amen.


No comments: