Sunday, April 3, 2016

Acts 1:8 - "Same Power"

I woke up in the middle of the night with these lyrics going through my head and immediately got the Holy Spirit goosebumps. Then when the clock went off the same lyrics were with me...

The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a ragin' sea
Lives in us, lives in us, He lives in us, lives in us!

When I asked the Lord what He wanted me to get from this song, He said "Believe it, Daughter! Live it! Many do not have the faith to do so." Wow! Do I really believe I have His power? Most definitely! Have I commanded someone that was dead to come back? Not yet but I believe if it was the Lord's will it would happen. The Lord has told me to command sickness out of my husband before and it left. He directed me to pray for a kidney stone to leave Doc's body and it did. 


I wanted to see how the rest of this song goes. I love verse two...

We have hope, that His promises are true
In His strength, there is nothin' we can't do
Yes, we know, there are greater things in store
We will not be overtaken, we will not be overcome!

Woo hoo! This is the exciting part..."there is nothin' we can't do"...of course we must be living in the Lord's presence and what we do must be His will in order for Him to be glorified! There is no better place to be than in the center of His will. "Lives in us..." has a whole different meaning as we surrender to Him.


Oh how I pray to be a part of a church such as the one found in the books of Acts. This book of the Bible is written to 'Theophilus' by Luke. The meaning of Theophilus is "the one who loves God." Even though it was written many years ago it can apply to today. The words of Jesus in Acts 1 are words He can, and will when we surrender to Him, be heard today. 


Yes! The only way to receive His power is through the Holy Spirit. The only way to receive the Holy Spirit is to completely surrender to Him. Oh how I pray more believers would let go of self and surrender to Him. Then, and only then, will the True Church be alive.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You encouraged me yesterday. Thank You for this day that is ahead. Oh how I pray for more to be at Corporate Prayer Time today. I pray for people to receive Your empowerment today through surrender. I pray for distractions to be taken out of the service. Lord, bless all pastors that are preaching Your Truth as they go into the pulpits. Knock the enemy down in situations where pastors are struggling. I pray encouragement over discouragement for pastors, their wives and their children. I pray a circle of protection to be around those who are dealing with hurtful words against them. I pray for the Holy Spirit to have free reign in services. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: