Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Revelation 2:12-17 - "The Air I Breathe"

My heart is breaking for some different ones who need to surrender to the Lord in a mighty way. The enemy has many fooled. Some believe they are hearing from the Lord when there is no doubt they are not. The Lord would not tell someone to blatantly sin. He would not tell someone to do something that would break their family apart. The Lord speaks to people to guide them, encourage them, love on them...but not to send them to hell. He will allow people to make their own choices that is called free choice. But He would never tell someone to do something wrong. That is not His style. Last night I became sick to my stomach as I talked with one going through something so horrendous with a family member. Sunday I was overwhelmed with tears as the Lord revealed to me there are some who refuse to surrender to His Holy Spirit. What is it going to take for people to realize what they are doing in their lives? What is it going to take for people to realize what they are doing to those that they love? What is it going to take for people to get to the end of themselves and allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through them? At 3AM the Lord woke me to pray for specific individuals...

  • The husband/father who lost his wife to suicide that left him and six children.
  • The husband/father who refuses to give up his alcohol and is separated from his wife and daughter.
  • The father who has been rejected by his adult son.
  • The husband/father who had a breakdown of some sort and is hearing from the enemy instead of the Lord.
  • The mother who sees her family falling apart in so many different ways as she continues to 'sit on the fence' in her relationship with the Lord. I pray she will not only 'talk the talk' but will 'walk the walk' before something tragic happens to get her to wake up.
  • The wife/mother who has torn her family apart by her actions and blatant disregard for what the Lord has for her life.
  • The couple trying to pick up the pieces of brokenness and make a life together. I prayed against the enemy using their past mistakes through the words and actions of others to pull them away from the Lord.
I prayed people will get to the end of themselves. Until that time comes I prayed their friends and family members will be strong in their faith and not give up on them. I prayed for the enemy to be knocked out of situations where people are listening to Him instead of God. I prayed for doors that need opened to be opened and doors that need closed to be closed.
I prayed they will get to the point where the words of "The Air I Breathe" that Mat Kearney sings will be words they can sing...

I hear you calling my name out name out 
Is there any other way now 
I hear you calling my name out name out 
I got nothing left to say now say now 

You are the air I breathe 
You are the song I bleed 
You are the war that I can't win 
This is my white flag in the wind 
Every word you speak 
Is the air I breathe.

I don't want to see anyone go to hell but that is the desire of satan. He wants people to pull away from the Lord and do his will instead of God's will. It seems like every time you turn around there is another person who has given into satan. I was thinking this morning about how satan's life is parallel to so many today. God created an angel who through choices of his own fell through his own choices with free will. It was then the angel was transformed into satan. God created each of us and gave us free will. When we choose to exercise that free will to listen to satan instead of Him, what will happen? If we don't repent and surrender to Him, we too will be cast out from Him. 

In Revelation 2 John writes about how satan lives in our world. Some believers stand firm in their faith and make the right choices with exercising their free will. Unfortunately, others do not. They will not receive the 'hidden manna' or 'white stone' with their name on it when the Lord returns. This favor will only be given to those who overcome the enemy and stand in the strength of the Lord.


12 “To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword. 13 I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, not even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.
14 Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality. 15 Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
17 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.

Dear Jesus,
Oh how my heart is breaking for so many people who are choosing the way of the enemy over You. Father, I thank You for my relationship with You. I thank You for a godly husband. I thank You for taking me deeper in my relationship with You. Father, I pray for those who were in the service Sunday that were not surrendering to You. Lord, whatever it takes can be a tough thing to pray but that is what I am praying for them. I pray You will become who they surrender to in a way that will knock the enemy out of their lives. Lord, open ears, minds and hearts to the freedom that comes through living a life of surrender. Father, fill me with more of You so You will ooze out of me for people to see. May Your strength be my strength. May Your words be my words. May Your demeanor be my demeanor. Thank You Jesus for being The Air I Breathe. Amen.

No comments: