Saturday, November 7, 2015

I Peter 1:16b; Nehemiah 8:10b - "Take My Life"


I strive each and every day to live a life pleasing to the Lord. The desire of His heart is for us to live like Him. He wants us to be Christ-like so we can experience heaven on this earth. He wants us to be Christ-like so He can spend eternity with us. It may not be easy to do but the benefits are worth every bit of the effort. 

Today is a prime example of a day I use to would have been struggling in the flesh on whether to live doing as He desires or doing as my physical body desires. It is cold, it has been a tough week, I am tired...the list could go on and on. In my flesh the best scenario for the day would be to snuggle up with my four-legged buddy and vegetate. Maybe watch some TV, read, etc. But that is not what the Lord wants of me. Yes, He gives me days like that but today is not one of them. Today He has directed me to be Jesus to ones outside of this house. I pray for His words and actions to be mine. I pray people will see and hear Him through all I do. I pray against any negativeness that may come my way. I pray I will not only think about the words of Nehemiah but I will live them today. 


Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the opportunities You will give me today to be You to others. I praise You for the way You love me and encourage me. Father, I need Your physical strength in a mighty way today. But of course, I don't have to tell you that because You already have everything taken care of in my physical body. Your strength is already there, ready to be used. Father, I pray for my dear friend who is in a battle for her husband's soul. Give her peace. I pray for another friend whose husband has chosen alcohol over their family. Give her hope. I pray for many going through difficult family issues. Give them Your strength. Lord, I pray for more people to surrender to You. Lord, may those who are comfortable in their salvation realize that is not enough. May those who are pretending they are right with You have their eyes and hearts opened. Lord, pour more of Yourself in me so I can filled to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. Ooze out of me in a way that people will desire to have more of You in their lives. Father, I also pray for a physical touch upon my husband. Cleanse all of the impurities of infection out of his body and restore his health. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy! Amen.

No comments: