Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Isaiah 61 - "From The Inside Out"

I came upon Isaiah 61 last night in my reading. The caption at the beginning of the chapter reads "The Year of the Lord's Favor"...woo hoo! This chapter is rich in encouragement for those who are called to minister. His Spirit is upon each and every one of them as freedom in Him is shared with those who are held captive by the enemy. It is through the comfort given to the broken hearted that freedom in Christ will be found. I love in verse three where it reads, "...a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Yes! That is exactly how I have been praying for people. I pray they will find reason to praise the Lord even in tough situations. The enemy does not like praises but the Lord sure does! Verse three continues by describing them as "oaks of righteousness" which tells us they will be strong. The last two verses of this chapter are how I feel...

10 I delight greatly in the Lord;
    my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
    and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the soil makes the sprout come up
    and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness
    and praise spring up before all nations.


Woo hoo! I love this chapter! It encourages me as I pursue the call upon my life. Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke of "the majestic struggle" in his last sermon. He shared how he and others would have dogs attacking them, water hoses turned upon them, etc. because they were standing up for what they believed in. The reason they did not give up was because of their desire for freedom. They had a holy purpose instilled in them. It was through them not giving up that holy purpose was realized. Verses one through three of Isaiah 61 says it all...


Yes! I have been called...I have a holy purpose...I will not give up in "the majestic struggles" that come my way! Why? Because the desire of my heart is to live in His Kingdom on this earth. The Lord spoke to me as I stood in the Sea of Galilee last March. He has continued to speak to me since that time about going deeper with Him. He has promised me He has something greater ahead for me than I have ever experienced. During this time of waiting I am seeking more of Him and experiencing more of Him. These are some exciting days! Oh how I pray for more people to experience Him in this depths.

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome. Father, last night as I read this chapter I was in awe. I prayed You would have me ponder on it throughout the night and You blessed me. Lord, whatever "the majestic struggle" that may come my way today, this week or this month I say 'bring it on'! I am standing in Your strength just as the "oaks of righteousness" and I pray You will be glorified in all that I do and say. Fill me to overflowing with more of You, Father. I want more...more...more. Lord, consume my entire being "From The Inside Out" and use me to draw people to You. Thank You Jesus for being My Righteousness. Amen.


No comments: