Saturday, November 21, 2015

Ephesians 3:14-21 - "Drops In The Ocean"

The Lord woke me up singing the words to a song Hawk Nelson sings called "Drops In The Ocean" and I was immediately blessed.

If you wanna know how far my love can go
Just how deep
Just how wide
If you wanna see how much you mean to me
Look at my hands
Look at my side
If you could count the times I'd say you are forgiven
It's more than the drops in the ocean, ooh ooh

Wow! What a great reminder of just how much Jesus loves us. He loves us enough to die for us. Each and every day we see His love for us by the things that happen all around us. Yesterday was a day full of blessings that reiterated the fact that Jesus loves me. Physically, I walked on my own. Woo hoo! Emotionally, Doc reminded me so much of the way my Daddy helped my Momma when getting ready for company. Woo hoo! Spiritually, Doc's words about second chances in the wedding ceremony reminded me the Lord gave me a second chance when I came back to Him. Woo hoo!

This song is a great reminder of His love, mercy and grace. Nothing stops Him from loving us. His love is greater than everything. I am so grateful I got to the point in my life where I realized just how much I needed to be in relationship with Him. But I am especially grateful for the day I realized that relationship needed to go deeper into a life of surrender. Woo hoo!

As I was reading Ephesians 3 this morning I was blessed with a prayer Paul gave for the Ephesians and prayed it for those in my little world...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for second chances! Thank You for the ways You remind me each and every day of these things. Lord, just as Paul prayed for the Ephesians I lift my voice up this morning asking You to do this for my friends and family. Strengthen them with Your power...fill them with deep faith...root them in Your love so they may "...grasp how wide and long and high and deep..." Your love is for them. Lord, bless them mightily as they seek more of You. Bless me greatly as I seek more of You. May You ooze out of my being today in all that I say and do. Lord, You know what is ahead in this day and I pray Your blessing to be upon it. I pray for calmness when I start to feel anxious. Lord, once again I thank You for my husband. I pray You will let him know just how much I love and appreciate all he does for me. Father, thank You for being My Greatness. Amen.

No comments: