Friday, November 6, 2015

Ephesians 6:13-17 - "White Flag"

My heart is breaking for one who has chosen to walk away from God. I remember not long ago when he was the one praying for others. Now he has chosen to walk a whole other path. A path of blatant sin. A path of destruction for him and his family. I refuse to quit praying for him. I refuse to allow the enemy to win another soul. I will continue to lift him and his family up in my prayers. He is a child of the King, not of the enemy. He is listening to the lies of the enemy and needs to listen to the Lord's voice. But at this point in his life it is not possible for him to hear the Lord's voice. Oh how I pray for him to sing the words of this song...

We raise our white flag
We surrender all to you
All to you
All for you

The enemy needs knocked out of his life, along with the lives of many. People need to surrender to the Lord in order for Him to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of their lives. It is not easy to do but it is a necessity. The Lord can be their strength to stand against the enemy. He can be their joy.


I am putting on the full armor of God today with deliberateness. I need His protection as I fight for this soul. My home, marriage and family need divine protection as I battle for this one.


Dear Jesus,
You woke me during the night in tears as I prayed for this soul. My heart breaks for his family. Oh Father how I pray He will raise his white flag to surrender to You. I pray for the words of the enemy to no longer be heard by him. Lord, I know You give us challenges to grow our faith but I also feel very sure You don't tell us to sin. Father, knock the enemy out of his life. Lord, I pray for Your full armor to be upon me as I battle for him. I pray for the efforts of me and others to show fruit in him coming back to You. Lord, meet his physical, mental, emotional and most of all his spiritual needs. Let him know we are not giving up on him. I pray he will realize people love him and are not here to ridicule him. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You so that I don't do or say anything that is not of You. Thank You for being My King of Kings. Amen.


No comments: