Thursday, November 12, 2015

Philippians 4:6-7; II Corinthians 13:11; Isaiah 12:2; Romans 5:1 - "Hold Me Jesus"



I woke up this morning singing a song by Rich Mullins called "Hold Me Jesus" and started praying for so many who need to get to the point in their life where they can say:

Surrender don't come natural to me
I'd rather fight You for something
I don't really want
Than to take what You give that I need
And I've beat my head against so many walls
Now I'm falling down, I'm falling on my knees 

And this Salvation Army band
Is playing this hymn
And Your grace rings out so deep
It makes my resistance seem so thin 

CHORUS 
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace


Taking the first step to the Lord is tough but once one does they will be thankful for the peace He gives. What seems to be even harder is being a believer and getting to the point of surrender of everything to the Lord. Sometimes I think that step is even harder than coming to know Him in the first place. A few weeks ago I prayed with one at the altar who was struggling with giving into salvation. The enemy had been a part of their life for so long and even at the altar was bringing doubt into his mind. Praise the Lord that He chose God being his Prince of Peace that morning. Seeing the peace on his face as he walked back to his chair was priceless!

In order to have His peace, we must know Him in an intimate way. We cannot just say we know who He is but we have to be able to say we know Him. There are five things that will enable us to be in such relationship.

Prayer - Phillippians 4:6-7 reads, "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Love - II Corinthians 13:11 reads, "Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

Obedience1 Peter 1:2 reads, "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood:  May grace and peace be multiplied to you."

Trust - Isaiah 12:2 reads, “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Faith - Romans 5:1 reads, "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."


As we prayer in the Spirit, He will give us peace.
As we live in His love, He will give us peace.
As we are obedient to His Spirit, He will give us peace.
As we trust Him to be our strength, He will give us peace.
As we walk in faith, He will give us peace.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your peace. I pray for more to receive Your peace. Lord, may people who are hanging onto the lies of the enemy receive freedom in You today. I pray for more believers to get to the point in their lives where the desire for You to be their Prince of Peace will be so great there is no doubt in their minds what they need to do. Fill me with more of You so people can see Your peace in me. Thank You for being My Prince of Peace. Amen.



No comments: