Saturday, November 14, 2015

Ephesians 3:16-21 - "Glow In The Dark"


Both times I woke up during the night these words were in my heart...

Doesn't matter how deep, how dark the night is
Keep hoping, keep on shining
And they'll see His light burning in your heart
And if the road gets rough, just keep your head up
Let the world see what you're made of
That His love's alive in your deepest parts
Like a flame, like a burning star you can shine right where you are
He made you to glow in the dark


I had a melt down yesterday for a few minutes after having to stand in a line at a store. As I started to feel sick to my stomach and my legs were in pain all I could think of was that I needed to sit down, only that was not possible. By the time I got to the truck I fell into pieces. But it wasn't as much the physical aspect but the emotional aspect of realizing I just can't do what I use to do. As I cried the Lord said to me, "It's OK." Those words made my crying to be short-lived. "It's OK." I do not have to do what I use to do. "It's OK." When I need a release, the tears will come. "It's OK." He is with me. His love in in me. 

I love the prayer of Paul for the Ephesians in chapter 3...


16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this prayer that was written many years ago yet one I embrace for myself today. I pray for the empowerment of Your Holy Spirit to be so great in me. I pray Your power and love will flow from me in a way people will see and hear You. Lord, thank You for those simple words yesterday, "It's OK." Thank You for encouraging me with this song throughout the night. What a great reminder....Like a flame, like a burning star you can shine right where you are; He made you to glow in the dark. Father, I seem to spend more time within the walls of my home than out in the world. But as You told me yesterday when the tears came, "It's OK." I know You are in me and will shine from me. Lord, thank You for my husband who allows me to be emotional. I know I am blessed with him as some wives are not allowed to show emotions. I also thank You for the cleansing that comes through tears. Father, may today be a day where people see/hear You through me in a mighty way. I'm not sure if I will leave the house today or not but as You reminded me You will shine through me no matter where I am. Fill me with more of You, Lord. Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager. Amen.



No comments: