Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Jeremiah 29:11-14 - "There's Hope In Front Of Me"


The lyrics to "There's Hope In Front of Me" were on my lips this morning. What a blessing to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is hope through Jesus Christ no matter what happens in life. 

He is our Hope in the midst of the storm. 
He is our Hope when everything in life seems to fall apart. 
He is our Hope when our loved one leaves this earth. 
He is our Hope when there seems to be no hope.

There's hope in front of me
There's a light, I still see it
There's a hand still holding me
Even when I don't believe it
I might be down but I'm not dead
There's better days still up ahead
Even after all I've seen
There's hope in front of me

We, as believers, have Hope but there are so many who still refuse Him. My heart breaks to see people struggling so much when they don't have to. Yes, there are still struggles that come along in the life of the believer (my MS is a good example) but when You believe in the Hope of Jesus Christ you deal with struggles differently. His strength becomes your strength. His peace becomes your peace.

There's hope in front of me
There's a hope still burning
I can feel it rising through the night
And my world's still turning
I can feel your love here by my side
You're my hope
You're the light, I still see it
Your hands are holding me
Even when I don't believe it
I've got to believe
I still have hope
You are my hope

Jeremiah 29:11-14 reads,
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

The key to having peace in the midst of the storm is found in these verses. We must call on Him, pray to Him and seek Him. It is then we will find true Hope. He delivers us from the junk of this world to a peaceful place. That may not mean our turmoil is gone but it does mean He is our Hope in the midst of it. He never leaves us but instead is carrying us along the way. I praise His Holy Name for not leaving me when I walked away from Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Hope. Oh how I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves and accept You as their Hope. I also pray for those who believe but are still holding onto themselves instead of allowing You to be their King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Father, speak clearly today to those who need Your Hope in their little world. I pray for those who know You yet have strayed away. I know how hard it is to come back to You but oh how blessed they will be when they return. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for the empowerment of Your Holy Spirit to come down upon me in such a way that no one will doubt that You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords of my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: