Thursday, November 19, 2015

Isaiah 61:1-3 - "Exhale"


I love the meaning behind the words of "Exhale" that Plumb sings. They are words we all need to hear many times in life. We tend to hold onto things that really aren't ours to begin with. Everything we have belongs to the Lord. Nothing is ours to even hang onto but yet as humans we don't always live that way.

Just let go
Let His love wrap around you
And hold you close
Get lost in the surrender
Breathe it in, until your heart breaks
And exhale, exhale
Spirit come
Tear down the walls
That only you can
That only you can
Reconcile, this heart to yours
Right now God, right now
Oh God
We breathe in your grace
We breathe in your grace
And exhale
Oh God
We do not exist for us
But to share your grace and love
And exhale


"Get lost in the surrender...Breathe it in, until your heart breaks, And exhale..." Yes! This is exactly what surrender looks like. We must be broken before we can surrender. We must say 'yes' to the Lord being our King of Kings and Lord of Lords before we can surrender. We must allow Him free reign of every aspect of our life and then we can "Exhale" and enjoy all the blessings of a surrendered life. There will be no doubt we are filled with Him and His peace no matter what comes our way from that point on. He will be in control and we will have His strength and His peace through it all. 

Last night as I was falling asleep the Lord shared with me a hint of what is ahead in my life. I love how He works. He is kind of like a teaser with just bits and pieces of information. A few months ago He told me He has something big for me but I wasn't ready yet. Last night He told me the song "My Story" shows part of what is ahead. I asked how I would share my story...written form or verbally? His reply, "Daughter, you will receive My direction soon." Woo hoo! I love where I am in relationship with My Heavenly Daddy. It is so cool to not only talk to Him but most importantly to hear and listen to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for conversing with me. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for my husband who seeks more of You just as I do. Thank You for the way You give peace in the midst of the storms of life. Thank You for all that You do for me each and every day to draw me further into Your Kingdom. Lord, fill me to overflowing so I can do more of Your will. Father, I wait for Your direction on the next step and I pray as I wait You will take me deeper into relationship with You. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Am Surrendered To. Amen.

No comments: