Friday, November 27, 2015

II Timothy 1:7 - "The More I Seek You"


There are so many things to be afraid of in this world. So many questions can pop into our minds throughout the day...

  • What if I die before my children are grown?
  • What will happen to my spouse if I die?
  • How will I handle the death of a loved one?
  • What if we don't have enough money to put food on the table?
  • How would we survive a major catastrophe in our family?
  • Will my children know I love them?
  • What if my health never improves?
The list could go on and on. But we must remember we do not have to do anything on our own strength. When we ask the Lord to be Lord of Lords and King of Kings of our life, we have nothing to fear. He empowers us to get through anything that comes our way. When we live in the 'what ifs' of this world, we give the enemy an open door into our lives. The enemy loves to cause fear in us. He loves when we depend upon ourselves instead of the Lord. It is then that he has control. We must allow the Lord to be in control. He must be the One we turn to for strength in trying times. If we don't, we will miss great blessings.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today I do not have to give into the spirit of fear. Thank You for empowering me over being fearful. Lord, You are my King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You are the One in control of my whole life. I pray for blessings in abundance to be upon me as I seek more of You. I pray for Your empowerment to come down upon me in all I do and say. Fill me to overflowing. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment. Amen.


No comments: