Sunday, November 29, 2015

II Corinthians 12:7-10 - "Always"


What a blessing to receive a message that says, "just to let you know - you have been prayed for today" from a dear sister in the Lord. The last two days have been full of pain. That is something I don't always deal with and I try to not complain about it but it drives me crazy. I think of Paul in II Corinthians 12 where he talks about having a thorn in the flesh. He says in verse eight how he prayed and asked the Lord to remove the thorn but that wasn't the Lord's will. It was then Paul chose to "...delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" (vs. 10). That is the kind of faith I strive for. But there are some days definitely harder than others as I deal with physical ailments. I love what Matthew Henry says about this passage of Scripture...

"Prayer is a salve for every sore, a remedy for every malady; and when we are afflicted with thorns in the flesh, we should give ourselves to prayer. If an answer be not given to the first prayer, nor to the second, we are to continue praying. Troubles are sent to teach us to pray; and are continued, to teach us to continue instant in prayer. Though God accepts the prayer of faith, yet he does not always give what is asked for: as he sometimes grants in wrath, so he sometimes denies in love. When God does not take away our troubles and temptations, yet, if he gives grace enough for us, we have no reason to complain. Grace signifies the good-will of God towards us, and that is enough to enlighten and enliven us, sufficient to strengthen and comfort in all afflictions and distresses. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Thus his grace is manifested and magnified. When we are weak in ourselves, then we are strong in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; when we feel that we are weak in ourselves, then we go to Christ, receive strength from him, and enjoy most the supplies of Divine strength and grace."

I am blessed in knowing I have others who are obedient to the Lord in following His guidance to pray for me when He knows I am in need of an extra dose of His encouragement. I also am blessed in knowing when people ask how I am doing and my response is something along the words of "OK" or "Not where I want to be.." people will pray for me. I don't ever want to be known as someone who complains of their ailments. But because I deal with a disease that does not always show my issues I need to let people know when I need some extra prayers. That is where I am today. I just feel like I need some extra prayers. I am grateful for His love and grace that gets me through the tough days. The Lord is so good to me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for people who encourage me through tough days. As I prayed and anointed others today I was blessed in the knowledge that You are always with us...You never leave us...You are always there to encourage us. Woo hoo! What a blessing You are! Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see You in me. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.







No comments: