Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Philippians 1 - "My Story"

The Lord woke me up with a song Big Daddy Weave sings called "My Story" and I was immediately blessed by the knowledge of how the Lord has loved me even when I was still in the womb. I am so blessed by His love, mercy and grace. If it were not for His grace, I would not be where I am today. The last line is one from the hymn "Blessed Assurance"...

This is my story this is my song praising my Savior all the day long

I praise Him with confidence in knowing He loves me and my past is just that. My past. I live in His Kingdom today in order to live for eternity with Him. As I share by life with others I am sharing Him. He is my life. He was my life even when I turned away from Him. He never turned away me, it was I doing the rebelling. 

My story...my legacy...oh how the desire of my heart is to leave this earth knowing others knew Christ's love because of me. I want to be as Paul says in Philippians 1:21..."For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." The way that will happen is when I live verses nine through eleven each and every day...

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

If I told you my story
You would hear hope that wouldn't let go
If I told you my story
You would hear love that never gave up
If I told you my story
You would hear life but it wasn't mine

If I should speak then let it be


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of Your love, grace and mercy over my life. Thank You for never leaving me even when I rebelled and walked away. Thank You for open arms to receive me back. Oh how I pray for more people to find Your love, grace and mercy for their own lives. I pray people will see and hear You through me and my story. Lord, I pray for people to find Your hope in this hopeless world. I pray they will find Your love in this hateful world. Father, I also want to thank You for the reminder that I need to tell my story. Holy Spirit fill me with more of You so I am empowered to do that. Fill me to overflowing to where You ooze out of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Story. Amen.


No comments: