Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Isaiah 40:11 - "Just Be Held"


The Lord woke me up a couple time during the night with a song that Casting Crowns sings called "Just Be Held" and had me praying for some who need to hear these words with the situations they are dealing with.

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held

Yes! Sometimes it takes the tough stuff in order for us to realize the Lord has everything under control. It may not seem that way but He does. Even when the enemy puts things into our life the Lord is still there. We have free will which allows us to chose going with what the enemy puts there or choosing to stand with the Lord. 

If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands

Yes! When we stay focused on Him instead of our problems, we will hear His voice. But we can only hear His voice when we are in relationship with Him. I think back to Sunday when the Lord revealed to three of us that people were still not accepting Him as the Lord of Lords over their lives. My heart breaks for those who continue to hold onto things of this world. It is only through surrender that one can grasp the full love of Jesus for them. I get such a neat picture in my mind as I read Isaiah 40:11. 
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. He leads us, loves on us, etc throughout the good and the bad days on this earth. But in order for us to experience that fully we have to not only be a part of His flock but we have to hear His voice. It is when one allows Him to hold them through the storms of life that His peace will be found. 

I am praying for some pretty tough storms that some are experiencing. These are storms I have never experienced so I truly don't know exactly how to pray. But that's OK because the Lord knows all and is taking care of them. He is there to hold them through their storms but most importantly He is there to grow their faith during their storms. Actually, I don't even want to say 'their' storms because if they will give them to the Lord they are no longer theirs. They just have to hold on for the ride and listen for His direction. Alcoholism, gender issues, lesbians, broken relationships...the Lord is ready to take care of them all.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my dear friends who need to know You are there for them. Thank You for the ones who know You. Thank You for the ones who understand the concept of surrender. Lord, for those who don't I pray You will put someone before them today to make a difference in their life. Father, speak so clearly to them. I pray for You to fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You in me today. Lord, wrap Your loving arms around those who are hurting so greatly. But Father most of all I pray for whatever it takes to get people to the end of themselves. Thank You Jesus for being My Shepherd. Amen.



No comments: