Monday, November 16, 2015

II Chronicles 20:1-30 - "At The Cross"


Empty words...I don't ever want to say them to anyone who is need of being encouraged.  What really blesses me is the fact that when I say Scripture to someone there is no way they are just 'empty words.' I have had opportunity to pray for some hard situations lately...situations that don't seem fair for those involved, especially the ones who are innocent in situations. My heart is breaking over those who are being cut to pieces by the actions of loved ones. The Lord has reminded me over and over again to tell them what He gave Jahaziel to tell Jehoshaphat in II Chronicles 20:15..."Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." He continues in verse seventeen, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you." What did Jehoshaphat do? He fell down and worshiped the Lord. The next morning as he went out for battle King Jehoshaphat he told his people to have faith in the Lord. In verse twenty-one he directed the men to praise the Lord. They sang, "“Give thanks to the Lord for his love endures forever.” They continued to praise Him as He fought the battle for them. They also praised Him when they realized not only did He fight the battle for them but He blessed them in abundance with equipment, clothing and things of value (vs 25). I love verse thirty of this passage. "And the kingdom of Jehoshaphat was at peace, for his God had given him rest on every side." Wow! There are so many reasons to allow the Lord to take care of the battles of life but to me the greatest one is the peace He gives when we surrender our battles over to Him. Doc mentioned yesterday in his sermon about the peace we have in the midst of MS. It does not mean I don't have melt downs from time to time but it does mean even in the midst of the melt downs He is with me. 

God has delivered me. He has seen me through some pretty tough things in life. I have experienced a murder in my family, cancer in loved ones, being molested as a little girl, divorce, the loss of my Daddy, MS...so many things. But the most important thing is that I live in His presence daily. It is there I know His peace no matter what goes on in life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your peace. Thank You for the words of encouragement You put on my lips for those going through tough times. I pray this morning for these ones to find Your peace:

  • the wife with the husband having a sexual identity crisis
  • the lady who appears to be losing the battle she is in with cancer
  • the young man who is struggling with decisions of family members
  • the boy who has endured a horrific time with his parents
  • the lady struggling in her job 
  • the wife with the alcoholic husband
  • the parents with a daughter who is marrying her lesbian mate
  • the two rebellious teen girls who are pushing the limits with their parents
  • the man who is feeling like he doesn't know what to do with his job situation
  • the new believer who is struggling with people tearing him down
  • the expectant mother who has been told there is no hope for her baby
  • the husband/father who just lost his wife and unborn child
  • the husband/father who is supporting his wife through what appears to be her last days on earth
  • the family making decisions about their elderly mother's health
Lord, I praise You for the peace You give me. I praise You for the way You direct my path to share Your peace with others. I praise You for being who You are in my life. Lord, may You fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You in me. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace. Amen.

No comments: