Saturday, November 28, 2015

John 16:21; James 1:17; Luke 2:19; Matthew 3:17b


As a young girl, I prayed for my babies. I asked the Lord to bless me with ‘good’ children. As I prayed, I never dreamed how much the Lord would bless me with answering those prayers. Thirty-five years ago today the Lord gave me the blessing of my first born. When I think of that day and the turmoil of Paul’s birth, I once again know the Lord was protecting both of us. I think of John 16:21…

When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

I am grateful for not knowing what all was going on until after the fact. As I held Paul for the first time, I was grateful for the way the Lord answered my prayers. James 1:17 reads…

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Not only did the Lord bless me with a baby but He blessed me with a ‘good’ one! Paul was such a happy baby. He ate and slept. When he was awake, he was always in a pleasant mood. Once again, I was grateful for the way the Lord answered my prayers. I would cuddle him and think about how blessed I was to be his Mommy. Luke 2:19 reads…

But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.

As Paul grew up I was amazed by his love for others, his compassionate heart, the way he cared for others, and the way he enjoyed life. He reminds me so much of my Daddy and oh how my Daddy was proud of him! He grew up to be a fun-loving young man who met the love of his life, ‘my Lizzy’! They were made for each other. What a blessing we received when she became part of our family. The Lord blessed them with Miss Bella who is following in their footsteps of being fun-loving. The three of them bless me in so many ways but most of all in their love for the Lord. am blessed in knowing Paul will hear the words of Matthew 3:17b when he meets the Lord…

“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessing of my first-born. Thank You for the way he loves You and follows You. Lord, I pray for continued blessings to be upon him, Lizzy and Miss Bella. I pray they will continue to seek You in their daily lives. May Your Spirit be in him as he leads his family, in his the workplace, among his friends and family…every aspect of his life. I was blessed with Paul never leaving the house without a hug and an ‘I love you’…oh how I miss his hugs. But Father I know my duty as his mother was to raise him with Your love and that I did. Lord, just as I pray for more of You in me I pray he seeks the same. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: