Saturday, October 31, 2015

I Peter 1 - "Mighty To Save"


Oh how I pray for those who are lost to be found....for those who have turned away from the Lord to be back in relationship with Him...for those who have been misled about Him to be enlightened. It is only through His love, His mercy and His grace that we can come into relationship with Him. But being in relationship with Him is not enough. We must surrender all of our being to Him in order to spend eternity with Him. 

So take me as You find me--all my fears and failures.
Fill my life again.
I give my life to follow everything I believe in.
I surrender. (I surrender.)

Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save.
He is mighty to save.
Forever, author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave.
Jesus conquered the grave.

Yes! Jesus died on the cross and rose again in order that we might live. He paid the ultimate sacrifice in order for all of us to have the opportunity to live. He surrendered everything just for us. Why? Because His Father asked that of Him. Now He is asking of us to live surrendered lives for Him. That does not seem like much compared to what He gave up. His life compared to us having to give up money, time, etc. sure doesn't seem to even compare. Everything we have is His anyway. 

If one wants to enjoy the inheritance of eternal life, they must decide to follow the Lord. I Peter 1 tells us that while we are waiting on our inheritance we must be strong in our faith. In verse five it tells us as we wait on this earth and go through trials it will be our faith that gets us through. It tells us people who follow Him can get through trials by His power that comes through their faith. The purpose of trials is found in verse seven. 

 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Once again we are given the direction to rejoice through trials. Why? Because it is through trials that our faith grows. Peter gives further direction in verse sixteen as He quotes the Lord from Leviticus 11:45. “Be holy, because I am holy.” That is not a suggestion but a command from the Lord. The word 'holy' means to be set apart. The only way to be holy is to be surrendered to His will and His way. One must set themselves apart and surrender their whole being to the Lord in order to do His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for having me pray for people not only to draw into relationship with You but to be surrendered to You. Father, open eyes that are blinded from Your will. I pray for a spirit of acceptance to Your will in more people. I pray for more people to have the desire to filled with You. Lord, I pray for more of You to be in me. I want people to see You in everything I do. I want them to hear You in all my words. Fill me with the Holy Spirit to where You are oozing out of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.

No comments: