Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I Peter 5:6-7 - "You Make Me Brave"


Three times during the night the Lord woke me up to pray for specific couples...
  • the grandparents who are in turmoil with one of their grandchildren. He told me to tell them, "You must exercise tough love. Do not do anything to make it easier on him"
  • the couple going through a crisis with his health issues
  • the two couples who need to live pleasing to the Lord
  • the married couple who is separated and need to surrender self to realizing when they took their vows it was 'for better or worse'
  • the married couple who is separated due to alcoholism
  • the couple who is allowing circumstances to play havoc in their household due to adjustments with new jobs
  • the couple who is dealing with a rebellious teenager. He told me to tell them, "Do not allow the enemy to have a foothold in your home"
  • the couple who is dealing with a premature baby in the hospital
  • the two couples who are dealing with children not sleeping due to illness or adjustments
  • the couple dealing with the husband being a recovering alcoholic
  • the couple adjusting to him being newly retired
  • the husband struggling with a wife who is living her own life instead of being a wife and mother
  • the father who is raising a son on his own due to the mother being out of the picture
  • the wife who needs physical, mental and emotional protection from being abused
All three times after praying He brought a song Bethel sings called "You Make Me Brave" to my mind. It is a song about having courage and faith which in turn gives victory in Jesus. Oh how I pray for all of these couples to find victory in their situations through Him.

As Your love, in wave after wave
Crashes over me, crashes over me
For You are for us
You are not against us
Champion of Heaven
You made a way for all to enter in

I have heard You calling my name
I have heard the song of love that You sing
So I will let You draw me out beyond the shore
Into Your grace
Your grace

You make me brave
You make me brave
You call me out beyond the shore into the waves
You make me brave
You make me brave
No fear can hinder now the love that made a way

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me to pray for these dear ones during the night. Thank You for giving me recall of my prayers this morning. Lord, I pray each one that I prayed for will know You are with them today as they go throughout the trials of life. I pray for someone to say  something to them that will make a difference in how they are feeling. Father, thank You for always being with us. Thank You for loving us even when we don't deserve Your love. Father, direct my steps today to be a beacon of light in my little world. I pray for more of You and less of me in order to be pleasing to You. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: