Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Matthew 6:6; 7:7 - "Break Every Chain"

Yesterday was just one of those days where people and dire situations were brought to me to pray for.....
  • As I prayed for one marriage I cried out to the Lord, "I don't know what to even pray for..." He was quick to remind me that He knows and that is all that matters. I prayed for the Lord to give strength and grace. 
  • Another request I received was for deliverance from addiction. Oh how my heart breaks for not only the family but for the one who is in the state of addiction. It is so powerful and so devastating to all involved. Even when one tries to break free from the addiction it is a constant battle. The enemy wants to win but God must have victory. I pray for this one to have victory before the enemy kills him.
  • One lady called and shared her story that sounded like it was a made-for-TV movie. It saddens me how much 'junk' gets into people's lives. After I prayed with her over the phone I hung up and thought to myself, "How can people not expect to deal with junk when they live in it?" The Lord was quick to remind me they need to be enlightened on how to live in His light.
  • There was a threat of a shooter at Plymouth High School. I prayed for protection over the students and teachers. I also prayed for the one who gave the threat to get the help he or she needs.
  • One of our children from church was taken to the ER and then transferred to Akron Children's. I wanted to be with them yet that was not possible so the phone had to be my tool to use to comfort them. This young one has been through some tough things in his life. I pray for God's protection to be upon his heart. I pray for there to be no ill effects from the drugs that were in him when he was born. May the Lord's strength be his Mamaw's strength as they await the cardiologist to see him. 
  • I asked about an update on the fourteen year old son of missionaries who was transferred to a Children's Hospital with a high fever. He continues with a fever and they still don't know what is wrong. I prayed for wisdom for doctors, comfort for him as he is in a hospital where he doesn't speak the same language and strength for the family.
  • Hunter, who has battled cancer for a couple of years, is having surgery today so I prayed for him and for the doctors to have wisdom.
  • My dear friend who is depressed over needing help with her care as she battles sciatic pain...I prayed for her to be encouraged.
  • It was a blessing to pray at the City Council meeting where five firefighters were recognized for 219 combined years of service. 
  • A dear friend who is struggling with physical ailments and what appears to be the diagnosis of a life-changing disease. I pray for the appointment today to reveal it not to be this disease. I pray for a healing in her body...physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
  • A man who is struggling with the diagnosis of three debilitating diseases.
  • A pastor who needs to hear from the Lord on the direction he needs to take not just for the church but most importantly in his personal spiritual life.
I am so grateful I can pray and know the Lord hears my prayers. I also am grateful for the fact that I don't have to have the perfect words or try to figure out the answers. The Lord has that all taken care of! I am also grateful for my prayer life being a Matthew 6:6 type of prayer. That is how I can live a Matthew 7:7 life!


Dear Jesus,
I praise Your Holy Name for listening to my prayers! I praise You for the way You are working in each and every situation. I am reminded this morning of the song "Break Every Chain" and say YES...there are many chains that need broken. "There's an army rising up..." Thank You for using me as one in Your army of prayer warriors. Lord, guide me today to do Your will. Fill me with more of You so I can do what You so desire. Bless my words...bless my steps...bless my attitude...may I be Christ-like in all I do. Thank You for the opportunity to have lunch with my dear friend who I miss so much. Bless our time together. Lord, I also pray for our EMS personnel who are on scene at a rollover crash. Give them what they need in this situation. I pray for the one involved in the crash. Thank You Jesus for being My Director. Amen.


No comments: