Wednesday, October 28, 2015

James 4:7 - "Glow In The Dark"

I woke up singing "Glow In The Dark" and was immediately blessed with the way the Lord encourages me.

Doesn't matter how deep, how dark the night is
Keep hoping, keep on shining
And they'll see His light burning in your heart
And if the road gets rough, just keep your head up
Let the world see what you're made of
That His love's alive in your deepest parts
Like a flame, like a burning star you can shine right where you are
He made you to glow in the dark


Woo hoo! What a blessing to know we have hope when we have the Lord living in us. To think that He uses us in ways we can't even imagine even during tough times is amazing. Actually, He may use us more during those times. Last night as we were studying the story of Daniel being in the lions den Doc reminded us that when we are in a 'lions den' we are apt to draw deeper in our relationship with the Lord. As we talked about prayer I reflected upon the change in my relationship with Him when I got to the point with this MS exacerbation with saying, "It is OK if I can't walk on my own again or if I can't go back to the hospital as Medical Chaplain." In order to say that, my faith first had to go to another level. 
I love this quote by Bob Benson. I don't want to hold anything back from the Lord. I don't ever want to be accused of living a James 4:7 type of life. If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them. I want to live His will. In order to do that I first must hear from Him and listen to Him. Before I can do that I must be in relationship with Him. Oh how I love to sit and chat with Him! I love to know that throughout my day He is always with me and always listening to me. It is so awesome to be living where I am right at this moment. If anyone would have asked me six months ago if I would be content with life as it is right now, I would have said 'no!' Little did I know how He was going to work in and through me by taking away everyday things from me. Once again I am reminded of the realization I had when my friend and I talked at Pastors and Spouse Retreat...it's OK!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for taking things from me so I could go deeper with You. Thank You for loving me enough to care about such things as the perfect song to wake me up to with the perfect quote that I had been pondering with the perfect picture I took at Beulah Beach to put the quote on. Woo hoo! What a blessing You are to me, Lord. Oh how I pray for more of You so I can 'glow in the dark' so much brighter! Lord, I pray for a revelation today. I am not sure what that is about but You brought those words to me so I am praying them. I praise You for the answered prayers for my friends with no cancer. I pray for my dear friend with shingles on her face...bless her with a healing Lord. I pray she will draw nearer to You as she goes through this time of such awful pain. Lord, use me to make a difference in someone's life today. May I speak Your words and walk with Your attitude. Lord, thank You for being My Ignitor! Amen.

No comments: