Thursday, October 8, 2015

Philippians 3:10 - "Through All Of It"


I woke up this morning with Colton Dixon's song "Through All Of It" going through my head.

I have won and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy
I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it


Oh yes! There have been many mountains and valleys in my life. I am thankful for the way the Lord has drawn me closer to Him through the tough times. How wonderful to know that there are blessings that come through trials. "I've seen joy..." Yes! That happens each and every day but some days the joy seems to be so overwhelming! Yesterday was a tough day with fatigue but it was full of joy in so many ways. My walking has improved, I saw Jesus use my husband in a mighty way in the life of a teen last night, my Momma made it through therapy without her pain medication...all of these made for a joyful day in spite of the fatigue. He is my Strength. I keep repeating that because I know He is the One not only getting me through these days but most importantly guiding me through these days. His will is my will. That is the only way to live. Oh how I pray for more people to get to the point of surrender in their life so they too can realize His joy in abundance. I pray for people to stand, as I do, on Philippians 3:10...

“I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.”

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You blessed me yesterday. Thank You for being My Joy even when life may not look perfect to others. Thank You for the increased capacity in my walking. Thank You for keeping me going even with the fatigue. Oh how I would love to pray for a complete healing in my physical body but Lord You have told me it is not time yet for that. I will wait on Your time. As I wait I pray for more of You and less of me so I can be a beacon of light in my little world. Come down upon me, Lord. Cleanse me of anything that is not of You. Empower me with Your Holy Spirit. I am so excited for my time next week that has been set aside to be alone with You, to hear from You. Woo hoo! Lord, use me today. May my words and my actions be Your words and Your actions. Bless my efforts in abundance. Thank You, Lord, for being My Journey. Amen.


No comments: