Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Psalm 139:14; Hebrews 13:5; Jeremiahs 29:11-13 - "Promises"


Does God love one of us more than another? Absolutely not! 
Does He bless some more than others? That is a question that I have pondered over and over. I have been told so many times that God has blessed me more than He has others. I don't believe that to be true. What I do believe is that we have to see the blessings in our lives each and every day that He gives to us. We are blessed with waking up each morning. If we are able to physically get out of bed, that is a blessing. The food we eat, the roof over our head, etc. are all blessings. Yes, I am blessed with a husband who takes care of me in 'sickness and in health' but I'm not the only one on this earth to have that blessing. I see my MS as a blessing because it allows me to draw closer to the Lord and into a deeper faith. Some would see it as a curse. I am looking for blessings. I see my cup half full not half empty. My Daddy taught me to never give up no matter what. Every time I even begin to think about giving up all I have to do is think about all he went through on this earth. My days of late have been pretty tough in the physical sense yet I praise the Lord because He is with me. I praise Him because I am His Daughter. I am "wonderfully and fearfully made" as Psalm 139:14 reads. I praise Him because He will never leave me nor forsake me as Hebrews 13:5 reads. I praise Him because He has a plan for me as Jeremiah 29:11 reads. Actually, His plans will prosper me, not harm me and give me a future. When I call upon Him, pray and listen, I will seek and find Him (vs. 12-13).

There are some key practices found in these verses that many believers pass over in their daily walk. I do seek Him and find Him each and every moment of my day. Why? Because I want to be blessed by Him. The desire of my heart is to be obedient to Him by doing His will. How does one know His will? It is simple. By living in His presence...by living a life of surrender...by seeking more of Him and less of self. Henri Nouwen once said, "A spiritual discipline is the concentrated effort to create some inner and outer space in our lives where obedience can be practiced." Discipline is a word many don't like along with obedience. But if one wants to live a peaceful life they must be disciplined and obedient to the Lord. People say I'm crazy when I say I live a peaceful life with all that goes on in my little world. I use to live in craziness but praise the Lord those days are gone! And praise the Lord they will never return because I am standing on the promises of the Lord. I loved hearing 7th Time Down sing "Promises" in person...

Standing, standing, standing on the promises
I'm standing, standing, standing on the promises
I'm standing, standing, standing on the promises
I'm standing, standing, standing on the promises of

God I need you
You're the hope in this life I can't deny
All I need is You
I've seen it again and again
I can stand on the promises of God

Glory in the highest I will sing
Standing on the promises of Christ my King


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for waking me this morning with breathe and life. Lord, I will even thank You for the pain I am in because I know You will be glorified through it. Father, more of You and less of me is my prayer for this day. Guide my thoughts, my words, my steps...every aspect of this day to Your glory. Thank You Father for all the blessings You shower me with. Oh how I pray for those who see the cup half empty to come to the end of themselves and find peace through a life of surrender. Thank You Jesus for being My Promise Keeper. Amen.


No comments: