Saturday, October 24, 2015

Hebrews 12:28-29 - "From The Inside Out"


Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Yes! The Lord is so good at reminding us of things we need to hear. First of all, He is everlasting. When things of this earth pass away, He remains. How we live while on this earth determines whether we will live with Him for eternity. That does not mean how much money we give away or how many times we go to church. What it does mean is whether or not we live a life of surrender to Him. Oh how I pray for more people to get to the point in their life where they give everything to Him. That is when He will be glorified. The only way to do that is say and live this song...

My heart and my soul, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out
Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise

"Let justice and praise become my embrace..." That word 'justice' is one that can really mess a person up. We hear people say, "It's not fair!" Was it fair that Jesus died on the cross to save us? In the world's eyes the answer would be 'NO!' but in God's eyes it would be 'YES!' It was all part of His plan. We can't always see the big picture of things we are going through. I am so thankful I am to the point in my life where 'why?' does not matter. The end result is all that matters. I use to spend days upon end searching for the 'why' but I did not need to. Once I surrendered to Him I realized He is in control and will reveal the 'why' to me if and when the time comes. 


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders this morning of the joy of being surrendered to You. Yes, there are still situations I could fret over but I am thankful for the way You love me through them. Hearing "everything is all taken care of" in one phone call only to hear "give us three business days" in the next was an emotional time but it did not change the fact that You are in control. I pray for more of You in me today so people will have no doubt that You are my strength, the One I depend upon and the One in control of all my words and actions. Father, I pray for not just part but all of my words and actions to be a blessing to You today. "Consume me from the inside out, Lord" is my plea. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Am Surrendered To. Amen.


No comments: