Thursday, October 15, 2015

Zephaniah 3 - "Mighty To Save"


I went to bed singing "Mighty To Save" and each time I woke up to pray during the night it was on my lips. Once again this morning the words are with me...

Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save.
He is mighty to save.
Forever, author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave.
Jesus conquered the grave.


In the third chapter of Zephaniah he talks about sin and how the Lord does not like sin. There is coming a day (soon I believe) where the Lord will return. The believers who are living as He desires will be taken up into the sky while others will be left. It takes more than just saying you believe in God to be taken. It takes a life of obedience to Him...one where you intentionally strive to not sin...one of holiness. In Zephaniah 3 it talks not only about how the Lord does not like sin but it also continues on that He will remove sin and troubles from our life. That will only happen when He returns. I like the picture Matthew Henry paints through his words. 

After the promises of taking away sin, follow promises of taking away trouble. When the cause is removed, the effect will cease. What makes a people holy, will make them happy. The precious promises made to the purified people, were to have full accomplishment in the gospel. These verses appear chiefly to relate to the future conversion and restoration of Israel, and the glorious times which are to follow. They show the abundant peace, comfort, and prosperity of the church, in the happy times yet to come. He will save; he will be Jesus; he will answer the name, for he will save his people from their sins. The glory and happiness of the believer will be perfect, unchangeable, and eternal, when he is freed from earthly sorrows, and brought to heavenly bliss.

The Lord had me praying for some specific people during the night. One was for the young man who has a restraining order against him and goes to court again today. Another one is the rebellious teenager who is making decisions that are so far away from what the Lord desires. I prayed for both of these young people's souls. I prayed for both of them to get to the end of themselves and find Him in a whole new way. I prayed for their hopelessness to turn to hopefulness through the power of Jesus Christ. I prayed against the enemy in their lives and prayed for Him to be revealed to them. I prayed for 'mountains' to be moved for them that would open their eyes to Jesus. Most of all I prayed for them to find His redeeming grace and be saved before our time on this earth is over. "My God is mighty to save"....YES He is and oh how I pray that for these two young people. I pray they soon will be singing...

Shine Your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King, Jesus



Matthew Henry's words, "What makes a people holy, will make them happy" bless me in a mighty way. It is through my path of holiness that my greatest joy is found. As I live in obedience to Him, I am one blessed lady. Many times when people hear the word 'happy,' they think of good health, material possessions, etc. My definition of 'happy' is to be living in the Lord's will. I still have troubles but He is with me through every step of the way. I still get emotional as I deal with those troubles but my faith gets me through them with a deep-seeded peace. Tears may flow out of frustration but in the end His peace settles over me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for these two young souls. Lord, I also pray for their families who are dealing with so many emotions as they deal with these situations. Lord, 'whatever it takes' are hard words to pray but they are a must in both of these situations. Time is of the essence and I pray these situations both are resolved before it is too late. Lord, I also pray for my husband who continues on in pain. Father, have mercy upon him. Lord, I am excited the day is here for my Spiritual Retreat. Speak to me so clearly...draw me closer to You than I have ever been...take me deeper just as You so desire. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior. Amen.


No comments: