Monday, October 26, 2015

Psalm 45 - "Because He Lives (Amen)"


Because He lives
I can face tomorrow
Because He lives
Every fear is gone
I know He holds my life my future in His hands
Amen
Amen
I'm alive
I'm alive
Because He lives

Yes!!!! The Lord in my life is why I can "face tomorrow" without fearing what it holds. He is the reason I can have joy even through the trials of this life. I loved how Doc reminded us in the sermon yesterday about having the Lord's joy. The only way it happens is through the Holy Spirit.


The Lord took me to Psalm 45 this morning. This particular Psalm is one of prophecy of the Lord returning for His people. I love the word picture of verses three through five of the Lord coming for His children. Matthew Henry writes, "The arrows of conviction are very terrible in the hearts of sinners, till they are humbled and reconciled; but the arrows of vengeance will be more so to his enemies who refuse to submit. All who have seen his glory and tasted his grace, rejoice to see him, by his word and Spirit, bring enemies and strangers under his dominion."

Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One,
With Your glory and Your majesty.
And in Your majesty ride prosperously because of truth, humility, and righteousness;
And Your right hand shall teach You awesome things.
Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the King’s enemies;
The peoples fall under You.


What a blessing yesterday to have one who we've been praying for to come to the altar during prayer time and accept the Lord. I told him, the enemy will try to tear him down but the Lord is greater. He has to accept the Lord's strength to stand up against the enemy when he tries to bring up his past. Yesterday is yesterday. It is gone. When he repeated the words after me and accepted the Lord into His life, his sins were wiped away. He has a clean slate. Not only that but he has freedom through Jesus Christ. He is alive because Jesus lives in him. Woo hoo! 

Verse eleven of Psalm 45 reads, The beauty of holiness, both on the church and on particular believers, is, in the sight of Christ, of great price, and very amiable. Yesterday I had a  friend ask me how I was doing. I told him I was walking better but just so tired. The fatigue is so great right now. His reply was, "Well, you may be tired but you're still beautiful!" I chuckled at that but then this morning as I read this verse I thought about how it's Jesus in me that brings out His beauty. I love the idea of "beauty of holiness" flowing out of me. That is pretty cool to ponder! Not only am I His creation in my body but I am also His creation in my spirit! Woo hoo! Oh man, is He ever good in encouraging me! What a blessing it is to live in His holiness!

Dear Jesus,
This morning I pray for Larry and the decision he made to live for you. I pray for Your strength to be His strength. Lord, empower him greatly to stand against the enemy. There are people in his life that want to pull him down. I pray against their actions. Lord, I wish he could be in a bubble protected from the things of this world but I know we have to deal with such things in order to grow our faith. Strengthen him greatly. I also pray for other believers who need their faith strengthened. Lord, whatever it takes to get people to realize they need You instead of depending on themselves. Father, thank You for Your love, grace and mercy. Thank You for all You do for us. I pray for my cup to be spilling over with more of You. Lord, be in my words, my actions and my thoughts in a way that people will see You in me. Give me more boldness for You. I pray for more transparency for You. Thank You for being My Savior. Amen.

No comments: