Saturday, October 3, 2015

John 15:5-8 - "More of You"


Instead of filling our days of with busyness, lists and more lists, doing what everyone else wants of us, etc. we need to fill ourselves up with God and the desires of His heart. How does one do that? Simple. By listening to Him. How can we listen to Him? Once again, simple. By spending time with Him…soaking Him into our being…allowing ourselves to become Christ-like. I know it may not be simple to do but I guarantee when one does it they will be blessed. I love the words of Mother Theresa…

'We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness ... the more we receive in silent prayer, the more we can give in our active life. We need silence to be able to touch souls. The essential thing is not what we say, but what God says to us and through us. All our words will be useless unless they come from within-words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.

Amen! We must get away from the craziness of this world and spend quiet time with the Lord. This cannot be whenever it works into our schedule. It must be that He is our schedule. Another thing to remember is that it should not be when there is a free moment in the schedule but instead we need to give Him our best time of the day. Ouch! That means maybe giving up some of ‘our’ time that we feel we deserve for how hard we work. When we live a life of surrender, we know what use to be considered ‘ours’ is now His! There is so much freedom in that knowledge.


In the words of Maxie Dunnam, "Discipline enables us to exchange lesser values, habits, styles, attitudes, ways of relating, limited understandings, closed minds, for the pearl of great price, the kingdom.” Yes! Kingdom living is where I want to live. Oh, how I pray for more believers to get to the point in their spiritual journey where they seek Kingdom living in place of the craziness of this world.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for speaking to me and encouraging me to be Kingdom living. Thank You for taking away the stress of lists and trying to do everything everyone wanted me to do. Thank You for taking me to the point of realizing everything I have and am is Yours. Lord, I pray for more believers to get to this point in their life. I pray for more believers to be Kingdom living. Oh what freedom there is when one surrenders everything to You. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You and less of me in order for You to shine through me. Father, bless me in abundance so I can bless others. Thank You for being The One I Am Surrendered To. Amen.

No comments: