Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Psalm 46:10a - "Here In Your Presence"


As I was walking toward Jesus He put His arms out and said, “Come, Daughter, and let me hold you.” So I walked into His arms and He held me close. I felt the warmth of His touch. As I laid my head on His chest, I felt His heartbeat. No words were spoken for several minutes. I just basked in His physical presence. When I said, “Oh Lord, I love You so much” His reply was, “Shhh…Daughter, be silent.” For several more minutes we sat with no talking. Finally, He spoke these words…“Daughter, these are some tough days for you in the physical sense but not in the spiritual sense.” I started to say, “I know You have a plan…” but then He stopped me. He said, “My plan for You is beyond your comprehension. I am preparing you for great things. You are not ready for what is ahead but I promise you will be ready when the time comes for me to bestow the plan upon your life.” Oh my! I did not know what to say. I was overwhelmed with His words. Finally, I realized there were no words so I laid my held back against His chest and once again listened to His heartbeat. Then the Lord spoke, “Daughter, you are doing exactly what I instructed you to do earlier this year by going deeper. Your trust in Me and faith has grown so much. Now I want You to prepare to go even deeper. The plan I have for Your life goes deeper than any human can imagine. Stay in My presence and you will be blessed in abundance. Look to Me and know I am directing Your path. Seek more of Me and know You will receive more. Never forget that I love You and I will never leave you. It is time for our time like this to close for now but know I am right beside you every moment of your day. Do not be afraid.” He gently helped me up and I walked away from Him. As I was walking away, I turned and said, “Thank You” and He smiled.

Wow! I love having these times with the Lord. This was not the first time I have experienced this type of experience nor will it be the last. I live in His presence each and every day but this type of experience with the Lord is one I cherish. It is easy for me to have silence in my little world because I do not have small children around, work an outside job, etc. But I remember when I was in that stage of life and I still made the time for solitude. The very first time I had a vision of the Lord sitting with me was when I was in the second grade. I was afraid of a storm. He came to me in a vision and sat and talked with me. My fears were taken away in an instant with His peace. Glory to His Name!

No comments: