Thursday, October 1, 2015

Matthew 6:10


"Lord, You keep bringing this person to me to pray for. What am I doing wrong that my prayers have not been answered?"

His response: "Daughter, keep praying. She needs to have her eyes opened up to what she is doing."

We just never know when our prayers will be answered. Sometimes a person is on our heart to pray for and we see immediate results. Other times we may not see the results at all due to proximity with the person. No matter what though when the Lord directs us to pray that is what we need to do. Even if the promptings continue on for months at a time. We have to trust Him in the process. I am praying Matthew 6:10 for several people/situations...

  • One who needs to realize the way they think their relationship is with the Lord is not true
  • A family in need of healing
  • Healing for one who had surgery Tuesday; another one who had surgery Wednesday
  • An alcoholic who needs the Lord
  • One dealing with a medical condition that makes them emotional
  • Two in therapy from recent surgeries
  • A young mother who needs encouraged
  • The family burying a loved one today
  • The family who lost a loved one yesterday and the family who lost a loved one earlier in the week
  • The two with intense back pain
  • The young wife/mother who needs Jesus in a personal way
  • The husband dealing with his wife's ongoing physical needs with age and disease
  • The recovering alcoholic who struggles to be strong against the addiction
  • The man who is trying to quit smoking
I may or may not ever know how these prayers are answered but I do know when I pray for His will that is what will happen.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me to stand in the gap for many people. Father, bless my prayers as I pray for Your will. Lord, speak to these ones and let them know You are there for them. Love on them unconditionally and for the ones I have contact with I pray You will bless me with an unconditional love for them too. Thank You Jesus for being My Guide. Amen.

No comments: