Friday, October 23, 2015

I Peter 5:6-7 - "Cast My Cares"


The Lord woke me up singing "Cast My Cares" and immediately brought four special men to my mind to pray for. I love them all so much. I am so blessed to call one of them my husband and the other three my boys. I pray for them regularly to know I love them but most importantly for them to know the Lord loves them and is their strength. Today I am praying...

  • Doc - To hear from the Lord for direction for the church...for a healing in his physical body...for people to see Jesus in Him...to go deeper in His spiritual walk
  • Adam - To be encouraged when life gets tough...to lean on the Lord for His strength...to be the husband the Lord desires of him...safety as he travels 
  • Paul - To know the Lord's strength is His strength...to be the husband and Daddy the Lord desires of him...for spiritual strength as he goes throughout his days in the office when it becomes challenging...safety as he travels
  • Ben - To hear from the Lord for direction...to be encouraged in knowing the Lord is his strength when life is challenging...to be the husband and Daddy the Lord desires of him...physical healing in his body
I pray they each will look to the Lord throughout this day and every day. I pray the desire of their heart is to do the desire of His heart. I pray they will know He is the Anchor for them as they are on the mountains and in the valleys of life. May the words to this song speak clearly to each of them to cast their cares on the Lord. May they embrace I Peter 5:6-7 and be encouraged.

When fear feels bigger than my faith
And struggles steals my breath away
When my back pressed up against the wall
With the weight of my worries stacked up tall
You're strong enough to hold it all

I will cast my cares on you
You're the anchor of my hope
The only one who's in control
I will cast my cares on you
I'll trade the troubles of this world
For your peace inside my soul

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this time this morning to pray for my guys. I praise You for encouraging them today as they go throughout their day. I pray for blessings to be in abundance upon them. Lord, direct their paths in the way You so desire for them. I pray they will be filled with more of You so they are overflowing with You. Lord, may people hear and see You in them. I pray for more of You in myself. I pray You will be glorified in all I do today. Lord, bless me as I bless others and in turn bless You. Oh Jesus, how I want to fulfill the desires of Your heart.  Thank You for Paul's call yesterday that encouraged me so greatly. How it blesses a Momma's heart to hear scripture out of her adult son! Thank You for being My Anchor. Amen.

No comments: