Sunday, October 18, 2015

II Corinthians 5:17 - "Through All of It"


What a blessed message from Brother Mike Adams last night! I wish everyone could have heard it, especially those going through times of being beat up by the enemy. He encouraged us to arm ourselves with the Word of God. We have divine power through His Word and through His Spirit. Woo hoo! I loved hearing...

"Jesus isn't going to tell you what you can't do but what you can do!" 

"He called...He loves you...He will use you!!!"

"Build yourself up through scripture and tell the devil to take a hike!"

"It's a battleground, not a playground!"

"Victory happens when you draw a line in the sand Biblically!"

"We were created for freedom!"

He encouraged us to think about our words. Saying things like 'never' or 'he/she will never change' can become a stronghold in our life. These are the type of strongholds the enemy thrives in. I was thinking about the message afterwards. I do not like to give the enemy credit for anything. I believe he is given credit way too many times when it actually is the Lord working in and through us trying to grow our faith. I struggle sometimes with thinking 'what did I do to allow the enemy into my life?' He is tricky and can come in through something as simple as our words. He also can come into our lives through people, even those who appear to be 'good' in their spirit.

I love the words by Paul in II Corinthians 3:18. “We all with unveiled face, we have no obstructions, nothing blocking our view, behold as in a clear glass the glory of the Lord.”  Woo hoo! As we look to Him and strive to live like Him, we are transformed into His image through the Spirit. I have been studying about the idea of becoming Christ-like. I know in conversation with others many have trouble with even thinking such a notion. But that should be the goal of all believers. The Holy Spirit can, and will, transform us when we surrender everything to Him. We also need to allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us. He will use Scripture, sound preaching, our studying of the Word, etc. to enable us to draw closer to Him. This is His job while we are on this earth in order for us to be glorified in our death. The purpose of the cross was not just to save us but to save us in order for the Holy Spirit to grow us into His likeness. That is pretty profound to think about. Some struggle with the idea. But His Word tells us in II Corinthians 5:17, Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. Yes! When we accept Christ as our Savior, that is the first step to spending eternity with Him. We must strive to live a holy life while on this earth. 

I was reading something about being adopted into God's family that caught my eye. It reads, "Adoption gives us the name and the title and the rights, regeneration gives us the nature of our new family, the spiritual genetics of our new family. " Woo hoo! I love that last part...'the spiritual genetics of our new family.' We were chosen to become like Christ! That is exciting! It is a miracle the way the Holy Spirit changes us from being a sinful man into a surrendered man. A miracle! I am a miracle! Woo hoo! One of the perks of striving to be Christlike is that of drawing into an intimate relationship with the Lord. Feeling His breathe and His touch...hearing His voice...these are things that are not possibe until one completely surrenders. I remember having glimpses of these from time to time but to actually experience them on a regular basis is where I feel the most blessed.

We have a choice to walk in freedom or to allow the ways of the world to have control of us. The choice to be Christlike may seem difficult but when one surrenders everything to the Lord it really is not difficult at all. Yes, there are still times of dealing with the enemy through others but when one is striving to be Christlike His supernatural power will overtake anything that comes our way.

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome! Woo hoo! I feel like I am ready to jump out of my skin this morning...I am so excited! Thank You for the Word that has been spoken over us these last two days. Thank You for the reminders that have been brought into my mind. Lord, thank You for the way You use Your Holy Spirit to speak to me, empower me, love on me...woo hoo! Father, my heart is breaking for my friend who is walking a road I have never walked. I pray for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to come down upon her today with what she is dealing with. Lord, may You be glorified through victory to be had in this situation. Holy Spirit, come down upon this situation in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Freedom Maker! Amen.

No comments: