Monday, October 19, 2015

Philippians 4:11-13 - "The River"


A dear friend whose wife went home with Jesus earlier this year said, "My faith is in God and not in the outcome I want." Wow! Did that statement ever hit me to the core. This week-end was one of revelation to me about my current situation. During the time of my Spiritual Retreat Thursday He reminded me this season I am in is because He is preparing me for a great change. Then in a conversation I had with a friend on Saturday He revealed to me that I truly am "OK" with this season. I had never really thought about it until in talking with her the 'light bulb came on' so to speak. I am content. Wow! In the beginning I struggled with not 'doing what I was use to doing' and being for people what they were use to me being. Now I am blessed with the knowledge that where I am is exactly where the Lord desires me to be. Now don't get wrong. I do not believe God wants me to have MS because His Word tells us to pray "on earth as it is in heaven" and there is no MS in heaven. But I do believe He is using the MS to be glorified.

Yesterday during the sermon entitled "Guard Your Heart" I started thinking about how important it is that I do that, especially during this time. I have the choice to allow the enemy a foothold and tear our lives apart or stand firm in my faith and be a blessing to the Lord. Over the weekend with being at Pastors/Spouse Retreat I had several times where I felt 'bad' because we couldn't do this or that because of my physical limitations. We couldn't hike 'like we use to' or I have to rest more 'than I use to' and those thoughts were starting to get to me until the Lord wrapped His arms around me and said, "It's OK!" I praise His Holy Name for those simple words. "It's OK!" Once again that word "OK" came into my path. "It's OK!" Yes!

I am standing on the words of Paul in Philippians 4 for the secret to being "OK"...

11 Not that I speak from [any personal] need, for I have learned to be content [and self-sufficient through Christ, satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or uneasy] regardless of my circumstances. 12 I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need. 13 I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.] (Amplified)

That very last part is where I am intentional in living....'confident peace'! It is learning that "OK" is truly the place to be, in knowing the Lord is my strength and being self-sufficient in His sufficiency that His peace is found. I praise His Holy Name for His peace in the midst of what seems like chaos. My Father is not a Father of chaos but instead is a Father of Peace. Woo hoo! We don't have to live in chaos when we surrender fully to His will and to His way. His peace is our peace when we allow Him to use our circumstances to mold us.

Mike preached on four points on how to guard your heart....
1) Prepare/be ready - "Meekness is not weakness. It's strength under control!"
2) Saturate yourself in the Word of the Spirit
3) Surrender by submitting
4) Stay accountable
I loved this statement he made, "Guarding our heart allows us to live in The River." Yes! That is where I want to live. I want to live in His presence 24/7...hearing from Him...feeling Him...knowing His will for my life. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for reminding me that I am 'OK'! Thank You for loving me so much! You are so awesome. Father, this morning I pray for my dear friend David who misses Terri so much. I pray for Your loving arms to wrap around him as he goes throughout these days without her beside him. Lord, thank You for the promise You gave him that he shared. What a blessing! "My faith is in God and not in the outcome I want." Yes, Lord! My faith is in You through it all. Father, I also pray for my dear friend who is going through a dark time with her marriage. Strengthen her, Lord. Open her husband's eyes up to Your will for his life. Lord, I also am praying for the little one still in the hospital. I pray she will continue to grow and be able to come home. Bless her family in a mighty way as they go through this time. I pray for the couple who had twins and one went on to be with You. Comfort their hearts and enable them to lean on Your strength. Father, there are so many people and situations to pray for. I am grateful You already know the outcome for each one. Bless those going through difficult times. Open eyes and hearts to You. Thank You Jesus for being My River! Amen.

No comments: