Monday, October 5, 2015

Philippians 4 - "Jesus Bring The Rain"


I don't know nor may I ever know the 'why' of things that happen. But one thing I know for sure is that the Lord is always with me. He is there for the joyful times and He is there in the painful times. He is there when I feel like I will burst with excitement and He is there when all I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry. I am grateful that no matter what I am going through He is there. I strive to live as Paul did when He told the Church of Philippi he was content in all circumstances that came his way. (Philippians 4:11-12) I also know it takes living as Paul wrote about in order to live a life of contentment. I remind myself of these things I need to focus on this morning as I am struggling with pain in my physical body. I need to...

  • Rejoice (vs 4)
  • Let people see Jesus in me (vs 5)
  • Prayer instead of worrying (vs 6)
  • Bask in His peace (vs 7)
  • Do not allow the enemy any foothold through what I read, hear or see (vs 8)
  • Rely on His strength (vs 13)

As I do these things the Lord will be glorified through the storms of life I go through. I can't explain the 'why' of my physical issues but I can explain the ending. The Lord is My Strength. He is My Great Physician. He is My Everything. It is through His almighty power that I am able to stand upon Philippians 4 and know everything will be alright. I may not know when this pain will subside or even how it will subside but Praise the Lord I know it will subside. If the Lord has a purpose for it, to Him be the glory for that purpose to be revealed. 

Yesterday when I had to take the second 'hippy-hippy shake' pill I started thinking about how I just didn't understand why so many Sundays are like that. I prayed for the Lord to reveal to me if there is something I can change about Sundays. It was during praise and worship that I felt the shakies getting worse. So many times that happens during that time and once again I wonder 'why' but don't know if I will ever know the answer. As I sat there trying to sing, trying not to cry, I prayed for the Lord to help me. He did that through two hands that came up behind me and laid on my shoulders for the rest of the time of Praise and Worship. I was comforted in the presence of my friend who brought the Lord to me in a physical way. Soon my shakies subsided only to have intense pain in my back. Once again the 'why?' came to my mind. As I was listening to Doc's sermon I kept thinking I needed to get up. I just felt like I could not sit any longer. But then I wondered if the enemy had crept in and attacked my body to distract Doc so I stayed in my seat. Everyone in that room had to be moved by what the Lord had laid on Doc's heart to preach. Time is drawing near and if we aren't ready we will not spend eternity with the Lord. Powerful words. I know the enemy did not like anything said yesterday. I know he was distraught over the ones at the altar at the end of the service. He is not happy over the conversations after the service either. And for that I am grateful. The enemy is not the one we need to please, Jesus is. The enemy has no power over us unless we invite him in. In the name of Jesus I rebuke the enemy from having any power in my life. I pray if I allowed him into my life, he will be gone. I pray if he crept into my life through contact I had with another person, he will be gone. He is not allowed to play havoc in my life. The Lord is the Only One who has control of my life. I pray to His Name be the glory.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from the book of Philippians on how to live life. Oh how I pray You will be glorified in all that I do. Lord, I pray that whatever has caused this pain to be gone unless You will be glorified through it. I pray for more of You and less of me as I go throughout this day. I pray for Your strength to be my strength. Rejoice! Yes, I will rejoice in knowing You are in control. Thank You Jesus for being My Sustainer! Amen.

No comments: