Friday, October 16, 2015

Galatians 3:27; Isaiah 43:9; Matthew 6:11 - "First"


Yesterday was one of those days that filled my spiritual tank to overflowing from start to finish. Actually, even after 'finish' with what happened during the night. My morning included an international conference call with a group led by Dan Bohi. He told us about the Lord speaking to him last year saying, "I want to burn you! I want to consume you!" In Acts 2 the smoke vapors are God's glory after we are consumed. He asked if we are desperate for the Holy Spirit or are we comfortable where we are? As he prayed a closing prayer he asked the Holy Spirit for all of us to have a greater intimacy in order to receive a greater anointing.

Later in the day I spent a four hour block of time with just me and the Lord. The first half hour or so was spent in silence as I sat outside soaking in His creation. I felt the cool breeze blow my hair and the sunshine on my face. I looked around and saw the beauty of the season with the different colors of leaves. I smelled the crispness in the air. I heard the rustling of the leaves and the birds singing.

The Lord spoke to me about the season I am in. He told me, "Daughter, you are getting closer to being ready for the change in your season. You are getting prepared for the greatness I have in store for you. It is not quite time yet because I need you to be completely ready for it. Just as Doc spoke about how he sent people out to do My works before they were ready, I don't want to change your season before you are ready. Daughter, go deeper - keep seeking more of Me - stay alert - be diligent in pursuing more of a relationship with Me."

Woo hoo! I love to converse with the Lord. I love to hear His voice. He took me to Galatians 3:27. "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ." Matthew Henry says, "The putting on of Christ according to the Gospel, consists not in outward imitation, but in a new birth, an entire change. He who makes believers to be heirs will provide for them." Praise His Holy Name that He will provide for whatever is ahead! He then spoke to me through Isaiah 43:9. "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Woo hoo! I love this idea of newness!

Another thing I experienced in my time that was different was a breathing exercise. As I inhaled I went through the alphabet saying His name. After each name when I exhaled I voiced a deep desire in my heart to Him. Loved, loved, loved this! Immediately after 'Z' the Lord brought Phil Wickham's song "At Your Name" to my lips. I wrote this prayer down...Dear Jesus, Name above all names...I praise Your Holy Name! Amen. 

After that I went into a time of prayer of intercession using The Lord's Prayer. "Give us this day our daily bread." My prayer that followed was this: Dear Jesus, I beg Your mercy to be upon Doc that this kidney stone would pass now in Your name. You empowered me and I in turn am exercising that power over this stone. Amen. I went back to the room and found that he had passed the largest kidney stone in his history! Woo hoo!!!!! Yes! There is power in the name of Jesus! I accepted that power and I exercised it.

As if that were not enough for Him to bless me with the icing on the cake came soon after I went to bed. I have issues sleeping with the steroids and have been taking tylenol PM to help. Unfortunately, I didn't have any so I didn't sleep much. I laid there last night crying out to the Lord asking Him for sleep. I was lamenting over and over again. I prayed for some people but just kept coming back to praying for myself. All of a sudden I felt this hand on my shoulder. It kind of scared me because Doc was snoring so I knew he was sleeping. My first thought was someone else was in the room. Then I heard these words, "Daughter, have peace." Wow! I have felt His presence before but never have I actually felt something like a strong hand on my shoulder! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome! I am filled to overflowing this morning as I reflect back on yesterday. Lord, more of You...more of You. Thank You for the empowerment You put into my words for Doc to pass the stone. Thank You for Your touch on my shoulder. Thank You for all the words given to me yesterday. Most of all thank You for being My Intimacy. Amen.


No comments: