Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Zephaniah 3:17 - "Drops In The Ocean"

Yesterday as I was playing in the ocean I looked out at the light house and felt so close to God. He created the beach for my enjoyment. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of going to the beach and collecting seashells. I was always sad in grade school on the first day back after summer break. The teachers always asked us to write about where we went/what we did for vacation. Living on a farm made for no such things. I remember one year asking if I could write about my dream vacation. I wish I would have kept that paper. I was sharing with a friend the other day I feel like I am living my dream vacation with being close enough to the beach to enjoy it whenever I desire. It doesn't matter if I only stay long enough to go for a walk or go sit for just a few minutes. I love being in nature but I especially enjoy being at the beach. Yesterday was in the mid to high nineties but it was perfect to be playing in the water, sitting on the beach reading, finding seashells for a craft project, etc. It was perfect because I could feel God so close to me. While in the water the song "Drops In The Ocean" came to my mind...

If you wanna know
How far my love can go
Just how deep, just how wide
If you wanna see
How much you mean to me
Look at my hands, look at my side
If you could count the times I'd say you are forgiven
It's more than the drops in the ocean

God's love is more vast than the eye can see. His love is one no one else can lavish on us. He loves us so much He created things in nature for us to enjoy. His love is one that is unconditional and so forgiving. I am grateful for the ways He forgives and forgets. I am grateful for the way He encourages me especially on the 'tough' days of life. I am grateful I feel His love at all time. Plain and simple. I am grateful. Yesterday was another first in my life. It was my first birthday without a significant other. God blessed me through it. He loved on me through people's calls, texts, and time with Cait and the kids at the beach. I am so thankful for Who He is in my life and for the privilege to be chosen by Him to love others with His love. Praise His Holy Name! The book of Zephaniah is about the cycle of life. There comes a time in life where one has to make the choice of doing good or evil. I am thankful for the spiritual grounding I had growing up and for the way God never left me when I walked away as a young adult. His love never stopped being poured out over me. In Zephaniah 3 we read of the cleansing power of God. One commentator described a time after God's cleansing as 'exhilarating confidence and assurance' to be had by all who allow Him to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of their life. Yes! I have confidence in Him and am assured of His love every day. I am one blessed lady!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for all who sent texts or cards and called to celebrate my birthday! Thank You for Your love that You lavish on me so much! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. I pray Your peace over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Simone; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray continued healing for Kim, Rick, and Pastor Ted as they recuperate from surgeries. I also pray protection over Donna's grandmother and others evacuated in Kentucky floods. Thank You for being My Mighty Warrior! Amen.

No comments: