Friday, August 19, 2022

Psalm 16; Genesis 9:13 - "Good, Good Father"


Yesterday I woke up having a 'green' morning. Those mornings are tough as I am so nauseated. I made the decision to continue on with my new schedule and go for a walk. I was not disappointed in how God showed up. He is such a "Good, Good Father" to me! As I walked and the sun came up there was not only a rainbow that appeared but the start of a double one. It reminded me that God keeps His promises. The last verse of Psalm 16 reminds me of how life is when I allow God to be in charge of my life. It reminds me that He is the One that gives me joy not other people or my circumstances. Twice yesterday I had the opportunity to share about the call on my life. Both times I was blessed in the knowledge that God has been with me every step of the way and will continue to be with me. Both times I was reminded of His faithfulness to me. He loves me greatly and showers His love over me as I allow Him. I was thinking last night about how much He loves me. No one can grasp the depth of His love but the more you lean into Him the more you will realize Him to a greater degree. Yesterday when I started walking I thought I was going to be sick but put one step in front of the other. As I continued I saw the beauty of His creation and was blessed. When the rainbow appeared in the sky, I was reminded of the promise God made many years ago to be with His people. Genesis 9:13 reads in the NIVI have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Once again, He is such a "Good, Good Father"....

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

I feel His love all the time but yesterday morning was a morning where His love was overwhelming. It was a morning where He showed up in a mighty way to give me what I needed physically, mentally, emotionally, and most of all spiritually. Throughout the day His love was showered down upon me in so many ways and I pray I showed Him my appreciation for it. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the way You empowered me to not just get through yesterday morning but to glorify You through it! Thank You for my conversation with my new friend Loretta and for the ways You encouraged me through many throughout the day yesterday! Thank You for the privilege to share my story twice yesterday! Today is a new day. I know what is on the schedule but I do not want to miss anything You have for me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Alex's brother who was in a car accident! Lord, thank you for Loraine's seven year old grandson's open heart surgery yesterday. I also pray for FaDana Schultz's family with their loss. Thank You for being My 'Good, Good Father'! Amen.

No comments: