Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Genesis 6:33 - "Build A Boat"

I woke up multiple times during the night with a song Colton Dixon sings called "Build A Boat." It was weird because I also had a recurring dream throughout the night of Beaufort being flooded. The song is not about building a boat in the physical sense as Noah did but rather about walking by faith as Noah did. It did not make sense for Noah to build the ark when it had not rain in so long yet when God told him to build it He did. The result of Noah's obedience was him and his family were saved from the flood. We need to be obedient and walk in God's will so we will be saved for eternal life. There are many 'floods' that come our way in life. Some are minor while others are devastating. Loss of a job, issues in a relationship, death of a loved one, etc. are all 'floods' in life. I am grateful God gives me what I need to get through such times. I also am grateful for the way He is glorified through them. I love how Colton Dixon describes this song.

The concept behind this song is stepping out in faith before you see the miracle or whatever it is that God has promised come to fruition. God’s a man of His word. So whatever He says is gonna happen. If He’s telling you something or He’s put something on your heart, step out and do it. –Colton Dixon

I desire to walk in faith with Him especially in the unknown. I am grateful for the day I realized I do not have to know the end result in anything. God knows. I do not have to manipulate any circumstances because God already knows how things will work out. I do not have to second guess myself when I am walking in obedience to His will. Praise His Holy Name. The very last verse of Genesis 6 is full of insight. Noah did everything God commanded him to do. We know the end of the story to be Noah's obedience was rewarded. The same can be said for us. When we walk in obedience to His willl, we will be rewarded. The more we desire to walk in obedience to God the more we will be successful. I want to be successful in doing God's will. I want to be known as someone who walked with the Lord. In 2011/2012 God told me to go to NBC for preaching. I argued because I did not see a need when Doc was the preacher in the house but I eventually went. Fast forward to 2020 when Doc took his last breath on this earth God's direction made sense. Sometimes what He tells us is not something we think we want to do yet we are blessed in doing. In 2016 when God told me we would be moving to South Carolina my first reaction was 'No! That is too far from my Momma and grand babies.' Of course, we walked in obedience and I am so thankful we did. I think times that make the least sense have the greatest blessings. I love to go visit family but I also love coming back home. I know I am where God desires me to be at this time. I am so grateful for the feelings of contentment and joy in my life. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for starting my day off yesterday with the beauty of Your creation and for the laughter last night at Jo Ann's shower! Thank You for the promise of Jeremiah 33:3 You gave me this summer! I continue to seek what that verse has in store for me. Thank You for the song "Build A Boat" that reminds me of Noah's faithfulness! May I continue to walk by faith every day. Cleanse me so I can be ready for whatever is ahead today. May I fulfill Genesis 6:22 as Noah did in doing everything You put before me. I pray Your contentment, joy, and peace over many going through valleys in life.  My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Beth's Mom having a better day yesterday! Thank You for being My Captain! Amen.

No comments: