Thursday, August 11, 2022

Psalm 113:1-3 - "New Creation"


Last night was disappointing with there not being a sunset. The last couple of days had some trying situations in them and I needed a 'creation fix' as I like to call it. God uses His creation to calm my spirit, encourage me, love on me, etc. Tuesday when I found myself at the Rookery with the gators, birds, and turtles I decompressed in between my day and evening activities. Last night I was looking forward to a time of being with God as I watched the sun set but the weather  didn't cooperate. Instead I saw a gazillion deer and a beautiful moon. As I looked out over the water with the moon shining down upon it I was once again thankful for where God has me in life. I thought about Sunday night's sermon where He encouraged us all to praise Him. Last night I had a choice to make that we all need to make from time to time. When life throws a disappointment into our day, we can find a reason to praise God or we can be crabby in our attitude. I know it is a little disappoint in some people's eyes to not see a sunset yet it has become a big part of my life to experience such things. If I would have just said 'oh well' and went back home, I would have missed seeing all the deer and the beautiful moon. I chose to make the best of the circumstance. The result was God blessed me in abundance with His beauty in a different way. Earlier in the week when I left the house before a 'normal' time for me He blessed me with seeing the sunrise. He uses His creation to speak to me in various ways. He uses it to make me realize He loves me so much and desires to make me feel that love in various ways. He uses it to show me He cares for each and every aspect of His creation. I am one blessed lady in the way He uses His creation in my life. I remember as a little girl laying in the grass and watching the little airplanes from the airport. I used to think about how someday I would fly in one of them. I have never flown in one of the smaller ones but I have flown in jets many times. I also remember how I dreamt and prayed for 'my three boys and my three girls' growing up. I wanted six children and prayed for them long before I was an adult. I did not have three children but I have three boys and their wives are my girls. God answered my prayers. A song Mac Powell sings called "New Creation" is going through my mind this morning.

You brought me blessings out of a tragedy
You turned my old song into a symphony
And with Your Spirit livin' inside of me
I'm a new creation, I'm a new creation

Yes! He loves me so much and I pray I show Him how much I love Him every day. I desire to live as He desires of me to live. I want to make Him proud of me in all ways possible as I allow Him to turn disappointments into blessings. He continues to turn my old song into a symphony as I allow Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You take disappointments and turn them into blessings as I walk in obedience to You! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray blessings over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Father, Alex's brother needs a miracle from being in this accident. I pray for Your wisdom for the doctors with decisions that need made. Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

This blessed me, Sheila. Thank you. 💙

My Strength said...

I'm so glad Sandi!