Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Isaiah 61:1-3 - "God You Are"


I woke up with a song We Are Messengers sings called "God You Are" going through my mind. It goes...

You're turning ashes into art
Cause that's just the kind of God You are
It's in the empty tomb
It's on the rugged cross
Your death-defying love
Is written in Your scars
You'll never quit on me
You'll always hold my heart
Cause that's the kind of God You are

Yes! When we allow God to live in and through us He willl turn ashes into art. As I look at the pictures I took last night of the sunset I am amazed at God's creativity with nature. He does not make two sunsets alike. The same can be said for us. He makes each of us different. We look different. We think differently. We are unique yet one thing that is the same when we have Him in our life is we have hope. There is hope for living each and every day in knowing He is with us. There is hope of eternal life with Him. There is hope when we feel like we cannot go on. Darren Mulligan from We Are Messengers says this. "Because coming to Christ and walking with Jesus is not perfect, it's not easy, it's not always happy; but, there's always hope." There will be difficult days yet God is there for us as we allow Him. There will be times when we feel like giving up but we can't because He doesn't give up on us. I am so thankful for His Word that encourages me greatly. Yesterday was a 'tough' day in many ways yet I felt the Lord with me. I knew when I got through the first part of my day I needed to decompress so I walked at the Rookery. I walked and talked to God and allowed Him to take away the frustration of the day. The beauty of His creation calms my spirit. Seeing and listening to the egrets is fascinating. Watching the alligators in the water always amazes me along with seeing the turtles basking in the sunshine. I love the opportunities God gives me to converse with others there. There are usually people there who are visiting the area and ask questions. Yesterday was a time of forgetting the stress of the day and relaxing as I waked. Seeing the end of the sunset after board meeting made me happy. Once again His creation soothes my soul. When I think about how He loves me so much that He provides beauty in His creation, I am blessed. He takes my days, even the 'tough' ones, and turns ashes into art. All I have to do is allow Him to do so. There is always something positive to be found. Sometimes it is harder to find than other times but if we look we will find it. I am reminded of the first few verses of Isaiah 61 this morning. The promises found in these verses are ones given to the Israelites many years ago yet are for us today. There will be times when we feel like life is falling apart yet He is with us. We have hope in Him and need to be grateful for it. The promise of turning our beauty for ashes...giving us the oil of joy and a garment of praise will glorify Him as we allow Him to live in and through us. Praise His Holy Name! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that soothes my spirit! Thank You for the birds, gators, and turtles that helped me decompress yesterday! Thank You for getting to see the last part of the sunset last night! You truly turn beauty into ashes as Isaiah 61 promises. Thank You for being Who You are in my life! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. Thank You for the hope I have in Your salvation! I pray for many going through tough days to receive beauty for ashes in their circumstances. May we all remember our joy does not come from circumstances but from You. I pray for: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Hope! Amen.

No comments: