Monday, August 22, 2022

Matthew 22:37, 39 - "The Goodness"

Yesterday was an emotional day with both joyous and sadness creeping in. Sunday School with my kids, communion during service, fun with the kids after church with the waterslide, receiving news of decline in a friend who had a stroke, having the opportunity to pray for a waitress that came back and thanked us for praying for her and her marriage, an emergency call for a friend, and finally ending the day with a cup of tea with local honey in it. The emotions were all over the place and the prayers were numerous with tears coming a few times. We have to take each day as a gift. We need to unwrap the gift and be prepared for whatever is inside. Some gifts are brighter than others. Some provide more times to keep in the memory bank of our mind. Some are hurtful while others bring great joy. God fills up my emotional tank every time I gather with my church family. He provides hugs and smiles which fill my tank up. He provides kind words and laughter. My church family are the best. I pour myself into them and in return they pour themselves into me. I am one blessed lady. Yesterday afternoon I found this picture on my phone. Pastor Cait took it during the time I was doing the blessing over the children. I love when she blesses me with such gifts. I treasure such pictures. Having reminders of what I do is a blessing and I love these children so very much. Once again I can say I love pouring myself into them. I pray they will grow up with the desire to be in relationship with God. I had a conversation last evening with a person who said they did not go to church but had a relationship with God. That conversation gave me an open door to speak freely about relationship with Him. It was another blessing in my day! In yesterday's sermon I talked about how we all need to fulfill the words of Christ in Matthew 22 with loving people. I strive to love each and everyone God puts in my path. I am grateful for every opportunity God gives me to do so. I am reminded of a song called "The Goodness" this morning...

You are the Light
So when the darkness falls
The greatest heights
They never seem so tall
No, not at all

No matter what is ahead today God will be my Light. He will give me direction as I allow Him and He will pour His love out over me.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for all on my prayer list who need to experience Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Alex's brother who was in a car accident! I also pray for FaDana Schultz's family with their loss. Thank You for being My Light! Amen.

No comments: