Saturday, August 20, 2022

Philippians 4 - "Jireh"


I knew the weather was going to be iffy yesterday morning for walking so I checked the forecast and it said there was only a fifteen percent chance of rain. I decided to drive into town and got half way there and it started pouring. I had a choice to make. Continue on or go back home. I am so thankful I decided to continue on. If I would have went back home, I would have missed out on so many blessings. I wasn't sure if I had an umbrella with me or not but God provided. I was glad I had on my sneakers with all the puddles there were. It wasn't long into my walk that the rain subsided and the umbrella came down. As I walked I thought about how God provides this beautiful place for me to live. He provides friends to love on me. Yesterday He provided the opportunity to meet a new friend. I look forward to meeting with her for coffee after walking some morning. He provided a time of watching little and big fish along with shark play in the water. As I walked back to the car I thought about how much He loves me. Throughout the day this thought came across my mind several times as I enjoyed time with Cait, chatted with friends, received rest last night, etc. Paul's words in Philippians 4 are on my mind this morning. They are words of encouragement to the people in Philippi and to myself. He encourages all to experience God's joy in verse four. Verses six and seven are key to remember in life. They read in the NLTDon’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Yes! God will provide His peace to us as we allow Him. He will guide us through life making right decisions as we allow Him. Praise His Holy Name! Verse eight is the 'junk in/junk out' verse I used to give to the teens in Willard. Whatever we put into ourselves will flow from us. We need to get better at filling ourselves up with more of God and less of the world. The words of this chapter were written many years ago yet still stand today with great meaning. I praise God for His Word that we have to give us insight. The song "Jireh" is on my mind this morning.

(Jireh) Jireh, (You are) You are enough
(I know that You are) Jireh, (You are) You are enough
(So I will be) I will be content
(Even in this right now) In every circumstance
('Cause I love that) Jireh 
(He is always enough) You are enough

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the ways You loved on me yesterday! Thank You for the opportunities You will give me today to love with Your love! Thank You for a new friend I met yesterday and for my time with Cait! Thank You for Myla who is so good with my Momma! Thank You for the way You provide what I need! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Alex's brother who was in a car accident. Lord, be so close to Loraine and her family with the recuperation of their seven year old grandson from open heart surgery. I also pray for FaDana Schultz's family with their loss. Thank You for being My Jehovah Jireh! Amen.

No comments: