Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Psalm 34:8 - "Honey In The Rock"

I woke up this morning with the song "Honey In The Rock" on my mind. This song shares how when we trust God in the wilderness He will provide everything we need.

There's honey in the rock
Water in the stone
Manna on the ground
No matter where I go
I don't need to worry now that I know
Everything I need You've got
There's honey in the rock

He provides what we need each and every day as we allow Him. When we pray, He responds and satisfies our soul. There is freedom to be found in such a life. Our purpose and strength in Christ are found as we taste His goodness. Yesterday as I was finishing the plans for Sunday's service Psalm 34:8 came before me to be used at the time of communion. It reads in the NIVTaste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. As I walked yesterday morning and saw the beauty of God's creation I was blessed. I stood on the bridge looking out over the water and thought about when Doc and I would cross the bridge and say 'and we live here!' It amazed us that God would send us to such a beautiful place. The first few months after moving here we would go explore new roads to see different places. I miss our times of getting into the truck and going out exploring. Yesterday I found myself driving out to Lucy Creek after dropping off Kenny's birthday card. No special reason but just because I wanted to. I love it out there. I 'taste' what the Lord has for me by seeing the beauty of His creation, listening to the water, watching and listening to the birds, etc. Cait sent me a text that the dolphins were playing as they crossed over the bridge yesterday afternoon. I love all the nature we have to experience but most of all I love 'tasting' what the Lord has for me. I realized as I went to bed last night how God blessed me throughout the day with texts and calls from friends along with starting and ending my day with great visits with friends at their homes. He blesses me through nature, people, Scripture, and music. He blesses me because I allow Him to do so. I made the statement last night that many say I am spoiled but I like to call it being blessed. I was blessed last night from a friend's words 'your eyes rock my world.' She told me how she appreciates my realness and my spirit is beautiful. Those words blessed me in abundance and were nice to hear. I owe everything I am to God who loves me greatly. He provides for me whether I am on the mountain or in the valley. Praise His Holy Name! I love what Brooke Ligertwood says about this song: “In our own wilderness, we are finding honey in the Rock indeed — tastes of undeniable sweetness even in what, from many angles, looks barren and bitter. And let me tell you, so much of God’s goodness to us flows through community.” The life of a widow is very lonely yet God continues to put people in my path to help me get through the lonely times. He spoils me with laughter when I feel like crying. He spoils me with people who are willing to listen to the hurts of my heart. He spoils me with people who are tuned into what I need. Once again I like to think He blesses me instead of using the word spoils. It 'sounds' better!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the calls and texts from many yesterday along with visits with Kayla, Darrell and the boys in the morning and MaryBeth last night! You fill me up to overflowing with such things. Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that blesses me in abundance as this picture shows from yesterday morning! Wow, God! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult times. I pray they will experience Your honey being poured out on them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, for Alex's brother who was in a car accident, and Pastor Jason! Lord, be so close to Loraine and her family as they await their seven year old grandson's open heart surgery. Thank You for being My Jehovah Jireh! Amen.

No comments: