Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Matthew 11:28-30 - "Weary Traveler"


God woke me up to pray for some people going through 'tough' days. My heart breaks for all of them as they deal with 'junk' of this world. I pray for God's peace, wisdom, and strength to come down upon them so they can once again realize His joy. Jesus' words in Matthew 11 are ones I have leaned heavily into many times. Jesus desires to give us rest in our souls but we must accept it. Sometimes the ways of the world become so great we stray or we give the enemy an open door. Many times after doing this time after time we find ourselves questioning life and life with God. The thing we must remember is God is always with us. Even when we walk away He is with us. He never leaves us. He is always there to pick us up when we fall and sometimes there to give us a 'slap up the side of the head' to get us to wake up to what we are doing. It does not matter if we are struggling for a short time or if it is something we have been dealing with for weeks or months or even years. God already knows everything. He already knows the outcome. He gives us free choice. Therefore, the outcome is not always His desire. Matthew Henry writes of Matthew 11:28-30:

The convinced sinner is heavy-laden with guilt and terror; and the tempted and afflicted believer has labours and burdens. Christ invites all to come to him for rest to their souls. He alone gives this invitation; men come to him, when, feeling their guilt and misery, and believing his love and power to help, they seek him in fervent prayer. Thus it is the duty and interest of weary and heavy-laden sinners, to come to Jesus Christ. This is the gospel call; Whoever will, let him come. All who thus come will receive rest as Christ's gift, and obtain peace and comfort in their hearts. But in coming to him they must take his yoke, and submit to his authority. They must learn of him all things, as to their comfort and obedience. He accepts the willing servant, however imperfect the services. Here we may find rest for our souls, and here only. 

Once again I am praying for three individuals who are going through some pretty 'tough' days. I pray they will seek the Lord and find His peace. My heart breaks for their families as they are praying for resolve in their spirits. The song "Weary Traveler" is on my heart this morning...

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You provided yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the ones ahead today! I pray for Marion to be cooperative with going to PT and for wisdom if she is not. I pray for the three individuals You woke me up to pray for to receive Your peace. I pray for their families to have the same. Lord, there is so much 'junk' in this world but may I always remember You are greater than anything the enemy puts before us. Thank You for my Momma having a good day yesterday! I pray for visitors for her which help her days go better. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May Your wisdom be mine. May Your peace come down upon many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece as they await biopsy results; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Alex's brother who was in a car accident! I also pray for FaDana Schultz's family with their loss. Thank You for being My Rest! Amen.

No comments: