Sunday, August 7, 2022

Hebrews 13:20-21 - "In The House"

Before falling asleep I prayed for pastors and churches. I prayed for my church to have a blessed service and for 'all to run smoothly in my absence.' I didn't wake in the night as I usually do on Saturdays but prayed again this morning for all pastors to allow the Holy Spirit to have freedom not only in the services they are involved in today but especially in their own life. God woke me with Crowder's song "In The House" and I thought about how so many times when someone says the word 'church' they think of the building. That is not the case at all. We, as believers, are the church. We need to be the church no matter where we go. The song goes...

Bring your heartache
Bring your burden
You can lay them down at the door
There is no fear
You belong here
Step into the house of the Lord

When we allow God in our life, we are stepping into Him. As we allow Him to take our heartaches we will receive His peace that is unlike any other. The 'tough' days of life are there for a reason. They are not there to give us grief but instead are there to stretch our faith. I am so thankful for each and every heartache that comes my way because I learn from them. I am thankful for the way God uses such times to open my eyes to new insights. He took me to the last chapter of Hebrews this morning to ponder upon. There is a prayer in verses twenty and twenty-one that was written for all. It speaks of God's peace being for everyone who accepts it. Matthew Henry describes Him as "the Author of spiritual peace..." He continues to write, "There is no good thing wrought in us, but it is the work of God. And no good thing is wrought in us by God, but through Christ, for his sake and by his Spirit." These verses reiterate the fact the more we strive to live for in His will the more we will put a smile on His face. That is exactly what I desire to do in my life. Yesterday was full of smiles with having our family picnic. Getting to see many, reminiscing of days gone by, getting hugs and love, etc. are blessings. God blessings us in abundance with such times to fill up our emotional tank for 'tough' days ahead. He gives us such times to ponder upon in times of loneliness. He is there for us with open arms at all time.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for such a fun-filled day yesterday with seeing some I only see once a year! Thank You for the love I received especially from my grand babies that were there! Thank You for my visits with Melanie and Marlene! Thank You for bringing this song and Scripture before me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be glorified through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May the opportunities You give me today to love with Your love be embraced. I pray for safe travels back home and strength for the week ahead. I pray Your peace over: My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Nancy; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; my friend with mesothelioma; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; and a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer. I pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Clay's cousin who was in a motorcycle accident, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I also pray protection over Donna's grandmother and others evacuated in Kentucky floods. Thank You for being My Author of Spiritual Peace! Amen.

No comments: